Lost in translation : from 1Password6 Standalone to 1Password 7 Standalone, Sync lost

Patrick_C
Patrick_C
Community Member

I've updated my 1 Password from 6 to 7 : it asked me to import my precedent vault and I choose the one that was most recently updated. It seems to be one that was outside Dropbox. Now, I want to sync again with Dropbox and I don't want to make the same mistake with my other Mac.
When I ask to sync with Dropbox, I have an alert : "Disabling synchronization - 1password can no longer be synchronized with the folder." With an option "Delete the data from the folder"

So my question are:

• how can I import a vault 1password6 in 1password7 (the option seems impossible without a 1password account)

• how, after this importation, check the duplicate password

• where will be my date stored (remember, it's a single licence...)
  • how can I restore the sync with Dropbox
  • what will be the step to install 1Password on my Macbook in order to directly sync with Dropbox
  • same question with my iPhone, iPad and Android

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• This discussion was created from comments split from: Where is the data stored when migrating from v6 to v7 ?.
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Patrick_C: No need to be rude. I can only give an answer based on the information provided, which is insubstantial in this case, but I'll do my best. :)

how can I import a vault 1password6 in 1password7 (the option seems impossible without a 1password account)

1Password 7 can use an existing OPVault you'd been using in 1Password 6. If you have that in Dropbox, you can simply reset the app, and then select your existing vault using the Dropbox option in setup.

how, after this importation, check the duplicate password

If you mean duplicate items, Help > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items; if you mean reused passwords for websites, that's under Watchtower, on the left.

where will be my date stored (remember, it's a single licence...)

I'm not sure what I should "remember", but the data would be on your device, and anywhere else you put it.

how can I restore the sync with Dropbox

You just need to configure each device to use the same vault in Dropbox.

what will be the step to install 1Password on my Macbook in order to directly sync with Dropbox

https://1password.com/downloads/

Just select the Dropbox option from the initial setup, or go to Preferences > Sync and set it up there.

same question with my iPhone, iPad and Android

If you have any followup questions, just let me know. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Patrick_C: Given that 1Password memberships are the best option for most people, that's what we recommend, rather that dumping a bunch of complexity on users by literally listing all of the options (and it's a long list) any time they ask a general question. Now that would be rude. :lol: Anyway, since we're talking about "standalone" licenses because you asked about that, there's really no need to be aggressive or argumentative. Let's focus on getting you setup. :)

I've already imported another OPVault and I want to import the one in dropbox (in App folder) inside that vault. It seems impossible when I ask to import.

I don't know what you mean. Can you be more specific? Do you have multiple vaults you want to use in 1Password?

Where is my vault on my device? In which folder?

Wherever you put it. If you're using Dropbox, it's almost certainly going to be in your Dropbox folder. But only you would know the exact location, because it's your setup on your device.

So can you explain me this : what do I have to choose? I have this when I ask to synchronise with Dropbox

That looks to me like you're deactivating sync. But I don't understand that language, so I could be mistaken. Can you tell me what it says, and what you selected to get to that point?

This discussion has been closed.