Single Login with Multiple Web Forms

uwalakab
uwalakab
Community Member
edited August 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

Please can you help? I have a Login ID where the credentials are used on more than 1 URL.
1 of the URLs has a set of "Web Form details".
For now what I have done is have a Login ID with it's own entry in 1Password.

So for example.......

Login1 has "MyUserID" and "MyPassword" with "URL1", "URL2", "URL3"
(none of the URLs here have Web Form details) etc.
Login2 has "MyUserID" and "MyPassword" with "URL4" + "Web Form Details for URL4"

But of course this brings about duplication of Login ID and Password entries in 1Password.
So please would it be possible for me to store a single Login ID where you record "Web Form details" for each specific URL in question under that LoginID?

So for example.......

Login3 has "MyUserID" and "MyPassword"

with "URL4" + "Web Form Details for URL4"
with "URL5" + "Web Form Details for URL5"
with "URL6" + "Web Form Details for URL6"

For your reference I have read the below entries, but I don't feel they were specifically addressing this query.
My apologies if 1Password X already caters for this and somehow I missed it.
Many thanks.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/104754/login-item-with-multiple-websites-only-fills-first-entry
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/31301/some-logins-have-web-form-details-and-some-dont
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/79655/single-login-multiple-sites

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.7
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Single Login Multiple Web Forms

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @uwalakab – thanks for getting in touch! I'm curious if you've tried adding URL4 to Login1 and seeing if it fills properly for you. 1Password X will do its best to fill the username and password in the fields it detects are a best match, but I'll admit that some websites are coded a bit differently and require a more specific approach (which is where Web Form Details come in). I may be able to tweak an item for you to get it filling across all four URLs, but it would be useful if I could test it out on my end. Are you able to share the URLs with me, or are they for an internal tool? If you don't feel comfortable sharing them on a public forum, we could also move our conversation over to email if that works better for you. Just let me know!

• uwalakab
    uwalakab
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn - Apologies for my delayed response. Unfortunately the URLs are all internal to my organisation and cannot be shared.
    But if there is another way to try and look into this I will be happy to see what further suggestions there are. We could also perhaps move the conversation to email.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019

@uwalakab – If you don't mind, let's switch over to email since the situation seems like it'll only apply to you with it being an internal tool. Go ahead and send an email to support+extension@1password.com with a link to this forum post. In the meantime, you can also try adding URL4 to Login1 just to see how that behaves for you when filling on each of the four URLs. Please let me know in your email, and we'll go from there. :)

• uwalakab
    uwalakab
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn

Huge apologies for not coming back sooner. Will do.

Best regards,

Benet

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

No worries at all, @uwalakab!

ref: HAB-48482-869

• uwalakab
    uwalakab
    Community Member

Thanks @kaitlyn - I sent the email earlier today.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Perfect. I responded to you via email, so you should be receiving it shortly. :)

This discussion has been closed.