What can you use to filter out which logins are also used for Android App passwords?

uwalakab
uwalakab
Community Member

Hi there.

I guess what I am asking for really is if 1Password could somehow tag/register that a saved password is also used for an app on your device. For example I can see that these type saved passwords have the URL "https://undefined", but when you do a search for them (be it on a browser or the app) with the word "undefined" is not filtering out the results. So perhaps you could develop something where you can see that the password was captured for an app. That, or perhaps lift blocking out the results for the text string "https://undefined".

Just for your reference I gave the below review on Google Play recently which spurred this query.........

Benet Uwalaka
21 August 2019
The website seems to have just that little bit more flexibility, but above all it's very very good. Does the job.
_Wish you could auto-add a tag for entries that store passwords specifically for Android Apps.

AgileBits
21 August 2019
Thank you for your awesome review! We're a bit curious about your feature request. Could you please reach out to us over email with a bit more info? Thanks!_

1Password Version: 7.2 Android
Extension Version: 1.15.7 Firefox
OS Version: Android Pie and Windows 10
Sync Type:
Referrer: forum-search:How to filter which Logins are for Android Apps

Comments

• Hi @uwalakab. Thanks for reaching out in our forum with more info about your feature request! I will let our development team know you'd like to have Logins for apps tagged automatically. :D

• uwalakab
    uwalakab
    Community Member

Thank you @peri - Looking forward to hearing from you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

As Peri mentioned, she's bringing up your suggestion with the rest of the team. It's something we may add in the future, not something we're promising at this time. I'm sorry if that was unclear. :)

• uwalakab
    uwalakab
    Community Member

Sure @brenty Thank you. I suppose we can all wait and see. ;)

• uwalakab
    uwalakab
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

Hey @peri @brenty

Have noticed in the Android app a "Linked Apps" entry for some of the password I have stored. This looks good. Maybe this is something that's been there all the time and I missed it.
    Is there criteria I can use currently to find all entries that have something like this?

• Hi @uwalakab those "Linked apps" get added to any items which are used for signing in to an app - however there's not currently a way to search for these in 1Password. I'll mention this to the development team too :)

• uwalakab
    uwalakab
    Community Member

Many thanks @andiAG

• No problem @uwalakab have a great day :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@adam1991: Good question. :) 1Password uses Google's Android Autofill specification to enable this functionality -- filling in apps -- but if the developer of the 3rd party app you're using hasn't bothered to update it to support Autofill in the years since Google introduced it that will not work. We have a fallback in the form of Accessibility filling which can help if the app developer has made their app accessible, but of course not all do. I'd first make sure that you have both of those enabled:

https://support.1password.com/android-filling/

Otherwise you can use drag and drop between apps:

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-android/#drag-and-drop-to-fill-in-other-apps

Or copy and paste from the 1Password app as a last resort.

Based on your comments, it sounds like Accessibility works, but since the app is not identifying itself using Autofill 1Password cannot match it to your saved Login information, hence 1Password asks you which Login you want to fill.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

If it's working fine in other apps, then indeed it's something specific to what that one in particular is doing. Sorry I don't have better news for you on that count. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.