AutoFill opens 1Password Mini instead of autofilling

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2019

Hi all,

We have identified the issue where sometimes filling doesn't happen and instead mini re-opens to the item list. We're working on a fix. I do apologize for the frustration caused.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#4218

• @scgould1

BTW the mobile app (iOS) also sometimes takes 3-5 attempts before it will autofill a user name and password, also sometimes fixed by activating the cursor in the password field. It doesn't work with the cursor in the user name field.

Are you seeing this with apps or websites? This is a known issue with apps that haven't updated to be compliant with Apple's autofill spec, but it shouldn't be happening on websites. With apps, unfortunately there isn't anything we can do on our end. The apps need to be updated.

Ben

• scgould1
    scgould1
    Community Member

Hi Ben - can't say for sure, but I feel it is websites. Most of my apps are using face recognition to log in. I will update if I can say either way.

• Thanks, please let us know what you find.

Ben

• TvH
    TvH
    Community Member

Just for the stats, I also experience this (originally reported) bug. Pressing CMD \ and fast double click on the entry needed will sometimes (about in 30% of the cases) show up the mini window.

Chrome: Version 77.0.3865.90
    1Password: Version 7.3.2 (70302004)
    1Password extension: 4.7.5.90

Any ETA on v7.4 with the fix?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TvH! Welcome to the forum!

We don't have an ETA yet, but thank you for the additional information!

• pdjwa
    pdjwa
    Community Member

Hi, I am experiencing the same bug as Mark Talbot. His screencast is exactly what I experience as well. Thankfully it is only 1 or 2 times before it autofills but often I end up copying the pwd and manually entering it. I am Mac 10.14.6 and chrome 77.0. I have a screen recording of the same thing I can post later. I would add that it has been happening more like 50% of the time now rather than the intermittent times before.

• Thanks for letting us know @pdjwa. Our development team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix.

Ben

• Hi @tracedef. I'm sorry for the trouble. We've identified the issue and are working on fixing it.

Ben

• alevy1122
    alevy1122
    Community Member

just joining the chorus to say that i'm having the same issue, mac/chrome. glad you're on it!

• navaho
    navaho
    Community Member

I just came here to report the same thing, but I see a fix is on the way.

Upgraded to Catalina yesterday and this started happening. So many Catalina issues. At least I know this particular will be fixed soon. On my way to work through the next one! Keep up the good work Ben and company.

• Thanks folks. :)

Ben

• themartorana
    themartorana
    Community Member

Same behavior on Chrome, Safari, and Brave for me. Awesome to hear you've been able to replicate, that's always the hardest thing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019

Indeed, and thanks for chiming in, and for your patience!

• pdjwa
    pdjwa
    Community Member

The bug seems to have gotten worse, and know is more like 80% of the time not filling properly. Glad you guys are on it, and hoping it will be soon.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your patience while we look into this. It isn't clear why this only happens on some systems, but we'll figure it out. :)

• goosta
    goosta
    Community Member

Really hope you are able to fix this. I've had the same issue for the past couple of months. Very frustrating! I'm using Chrome on MacOS Mojave.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@goosta: Would you be willing to try the beta? lil bobby asked you about that when you contacted us previously and never heard back from you as far as I can tell. That's where changes that could help with this issue will appear first.

• goosta
    goosta
    Community Member

Thanks! I somehow missed that reply. Just turned on the beta builds option and am updating to the beta version now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@goosta: Great! I don't know that will help you immediately, but it's possible as we've made changes there. Let me know either way. If nothing else, if we can find a solution that helps everyone experiencing this kind of issue, you'll know pretty quickly since you'll already be on the beta. :+1:

• rdouma
    rdouma
    Community Member

I'd like to try the beta too due to this issue. Just to be sure we're talking about the same thing, is this the enable beta option in 1Password itself? I first somehow assumed this was a bug in the browser extension, not 1Password itself.

• The beta option in 1Password, yes, not the extension. :)

Ben

• sphen
    sphen
    Community Member

i just had the same thing happen with 7.4-BETA0 :( chrome 77 macos 10.15

• kalbert312
    kalbert312
    Community Member

Also interested in trying the beta if this fixes it. I'm running into this like 75% of the time.

• rdouma
    rdouma
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben , I'll give it a try.

• rpsstudios
    rpsstudios
    Community Member

I have been experiencing a weird auto-fill issue in Chrome on OSx for a while. I navigate to a site and land on a login page. I hit the command + \ key to activate 1Password. Since I have multiple logins for a site I'll then use the arrow keys to navigate down to the login I want and then hit enter. Sometimes the password gets auto-filled while other times it clears the list of logins and shows all available logins for all sites in the extension. If I try these same steps one more time it works. This also doesn't happen all of the time. Sometimes I hit a site and it works on the first try. This could be something like a process goes to sleep and once I have woken it up on one site it works for a while on other sites.

Has anyone experienced this?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
    Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
    OS Version: 10.14.6
    Sync Type: 1Password Subscription

• kalbert312
    kalbert312
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

It is still happening for me with the following:

• 1PW 7.4.BETA-0
    • 1PW Chrome extension 4.7.5.90
    • Chrome 77.0.3865.120
    • macOS 10.15
  • @kalbert312

Thanks for trying and letting us know.

Ben

• Hi @rpsstudios

This is an issue our development team is aware of. I've merged your comment with another thread on the same subject. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.