1Password getting very slow under new iPad OS

Options
stefanradev
stefanradev
Community Member

Hi all,
I updated to iPad os yesterday and Immediately came this problem with the auto fill of 1Passport in my Safari on iPad:
When I visit a site and have the suggestion for its password, I am pressing this suggestion and......nothing happens in the next 75 seconds. When I press 2 times the key icon (not the suggested password), comes the asking for my TouchID.
It happens on every site I tried.
Any suggestions or ideas to solve this problem?
Regards
Stefan

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ipad os 13.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @stefanradev

I can't say I've seen that, or heard any similar reports. Have you tried rebooting this iPad since updating? If not that would be my first suggestion.

Ben

• stefanradev
    stefanradev
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    Thanks for the reply! Actually not and yesterday after rebooting it works!

Regards,

Stefan

• stefanradev
    stefanradev
    Community Member
    Options

Here again. The problem still exists. In the similar way as described from me. But sometimes it works and sometimes I have to touch the key icon near the suggested login prior to see the fingerpint icon.
    And I checked this behavior on my older iPhone with IOS 12: No problems. Works flawless.

Regards
    Stefan

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stefanradev:

sometimes I have to touch the key icon near the suggested login prior to see the fingerpint icon.

I might have misunderstood the question, but I believe this is the default behavior. When you are on a website for which you have an account stored inside 1Password, AutoFill will prompt you to fill your account details by tapping on the top of the keyboard, but you will have to authenticate via TouchID before you can actually fill your data. Are you seeing something different on your older iPhone with iOS 12?

• stefanradev
    stefanradev
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks ag_ana!
    Actually not.
    When I visit I site for which I have a stored password, I touch the user name field of the asked credentials and then automatically 1Password suggest me my user name on center bottom and when I touch this suggested name, 1Password jumps and asks me for Touch ID. And now the problem is that this is not working properly ( I mean the time between this two tasks can be very long or the Touch ID asking is not coming).
    I don't know can I attach here a short video or not?

regards,

Stefan

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stefanradev: Thank you for clarifying. I'm sorry for the trouble. Indeed, it's behaving a bit differently in iOS 13, and we're investigating to see if there is something we can do to help, or if it's going to need a fix in an iOS update. You may, however, find that putting your finger on the sensor works even if iOS is not displaying the Touch ID prompt. Let me know.

• stefanradev
    stefanradev
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brent,

You are right, putting the finger on the sensor works even if OS is not displaying the Touch ID prompt.
    Thanks again!

Best regards

Stefan

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of brenty, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• stefanradev
    stefanradev
    Community Member
    Options

Same to you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you! :+1: :)

• BH73
    BH73
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I have updated both my iPhone (fingerprint) and Ipad (face recognition) and since the recent ios update, 1password is been very slow, sometimes to the degree that it doesn't load at all. I tried holding the fingerprint as suggested above but it does not work.
    I have now had to resort to opening the 1password app, copying the password and pasting it in the relevant app/website on my phone and iPad. I hope this is not going to be the expectation for the future.

A separate issue - I have also found now that when I use my windows pc, I am constantly being asked for my master password. at over 20 digits long, it is getting tiresome. I have checked the settings and I should only be inputting the master password when the pc has been initially booted or it has come out of the locked screen (my screen doesn't lock as I am always working on the pc).

Your assistance/support in resolving these would be most appreciated.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @BH73

As a troubleshooting step, if you turn off Touch ID / Face ID, does this speed up? I.e. Does it appear it is the fact that those features are enabled that are causing the slowness?

A separate issue - I have also found now that when I use my windows pc, I am constantly being asked for my master password. at over 20 digits long, it is getting tiresome. I have checked the settings and I should only be inputting the master password when the pc has been initially booted or it has come out of the locked screen (my screen doesn't lock as I am always working on the pc).

Please start a thread in our Windows category for assistance with 1Password for Windows. :) Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.