Edenred Childcare Vouchers site - Autofill not working. Site issue?

Please can you help? Would you mind checking if 1password prompts to capture / autofill its credentials on the following links for Edenred?
They don't seem to do so for me and I'm not sure why. Is it an isolated setup issue or a generic problem with the product? Many thanks.

https://www.mychildcarevouchers.co.uk/DSVWebServices/LoginMobile.aspx?oauth_usertype=BEN

https://m.mychildcarevouchers.co.uk/Beneficiary/

Comments

• uwalakab
    uwalakab
    Community Member

Correction - Go to this site
    https://www.mychildcarevouchers.co.uk/DSVWebServices/DesktopRedirection.aspx

Choose the Desktop Site.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@uwalakab: Which OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions are you using?

• uwalakab
    uwalakab
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Hi @brenty
    Windows 10 Home, Chrome 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit), 1Password Extension 1.16.2
    and
    Windows 10 Enterprise, Firefox 69.0.1 (64-bit), 1Password Extension 1.16.2

• uwalakab
    uwalakab
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Just to clarify, go to the link mentioned earlier, and select the "Desktop Site".
    At this point I expect 1Password to autofill the details at the prompt where it says

"Enter your Account Number or Membership Number here".

It's doesn't do so, but if you enter that in manually and proceed to entering the PIN number, 1Password autofills there.
    So I was just curious to see why 1Password was not autfilling in the account number part (on both Firefox and Chrome).

Thanks.

• I think the likely problem is that the field is designated just as a text field without a label that appears like something we should fill, @uwalakab. 1Password knows where to fill by looking at the code behind the form and will draw a 1Password icon in fields that are typically fillable based on that code. While it certainly can fill in text fields, not all text fields should be filled so it's tough to handle them. 1Password is going to be looking for a label for such fields like "user ID" or "username" or, yes, even "member ID" – just something that commonly indicates a username field. But, unlike the label we see on the page, that field has a designated label of "txtReference" which doesn't tell us much.

Ultimately, I think you've done all you can hear by letting us know. We'd need to add some special handling to identify that field and fill it properly moving forward. So, I'll go ahead and pass our findings along to the team so they can take a closer look. Thanks for taking the time to let us know and hopefully we'll have 1Password filling there properly in a future update. :chuffed:

• uwalakab
    uwalakab
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply @bundtkate
    Would it help if the site owners at Edenred rectified (amended) their site so that the username field was a proper one?
    Are we sure 1Password is perhaps the victim here?
    What are your thoughts?

Best regards,

Benet.

• Based on what I'm seeing, their design choices are why that field isn't filling properly today, @uwalakab, but I wouldn't refer to 1Password as a victim here by any means. The reality of the web today is that there are more sites out there than ever and each is going to make its own design decisions for its own reasons. We're lucky there's some relatively uniformity in form design generally, but some are going to deviate and we have ways to cope with that, even if that does make our jobs ever-so-slightly harder.

With that said, it certainly does help us out when sites follow certain conventions, and we're always thrilled when web developers make an effort to follow those. We've documented what helps most here:

https://support.1password.com/compatible-website-design/

We do update periodically to support different implementations where reasonable and possible, but if Edenred is willing to make changes, that's great and would certainly speed things along. :+1:

• uwalakab
    uwalakab
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

Hi @bundtkate

Thank you very much for your reply and full explanation. :)
    I suppose it wouldn't hurt (from a user/customer standpoint) if I asked Edenred Tech Support if there were any changes (improvements?) due in the pipeline and if I explained the problem that I am seeing, (or has someone from 1Password already kicked something like that off?) .

Of course if anything comes back I can feed it back into this chat for your reference.

Best regards,

Benet.

• We generally don't reach out to folks asking them to make changes, @uwalakab. It's nice when they choose to, of course, but it would be a bit much for us to poke every site that has given someone trouble. For the better, too, I'd say as they tend to care more when it's their customers and users who are requesting the change. We're just some other company, but y'all are the ones allowing them to stay in business so they're far more inclined to listen to you.

Thanks again for passing this along and reaching out to them. Hopefully they take the feedback to heart and you'll later have good news to report. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.