How can I use 1Password 6 on iOS11 parallel to an 1Password account?

Podtschaske
Podtschaske
Community Member

I subscribed for an 1Password account for several reasons (using the newest version on my Mac, using the family sync, supporting your development, ...)
My wife has an old iPad with iOS11 and 1Password 6.
In your specs you say, that for using an 1Password account it is necessary to use 1Password 7 (and iOS12 or newer).

Why does 1Password 6 on iOS11 show me a login field for the family account?
Why does it alway say "Password incorrect"?

Is there a possibility to sync a vault of the family account with 1Password 6 on iOP 11?
(Her iPhone is on iOS13 with 1Password 7.4.2)

Is it possible to sync a vault outside of the family account but inside 1Password 7 on the iPhone with iOS13
with the 1Password 6 on the iPad with iOS11?

1Password Version: 7.4.2 and 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11 and iOS13
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:ios11 1password account

Comments

• Hi @Podtschaske

Our official recommendation here would be to upgrade the iPad. We cannot recommend the use of iOS 11 on a device connected to the internet. It is no longer supported by Apple and does not generally receive security updates.

That said, if that is entirely out of the question for the immediate future, we may be able to help. Please write in to our team at support+forum@1password.com from the email address associated with your 1Password membership. When you do so, please include a link to this thread:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/107848/
    You'll get an automated response back from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here so we can follow up.

Thanks.

Ben

• Podtschaske
    Podtschaske
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Thank you for answering.
    Upgrade from iOS 11 is no option in the immediate future, as that would mean to buy a new iPad. Looking at our IT-budget at the moment I had to decide between new iPad or 1Password subscription ;-)

OK, I wrote an email to your team 75 minutes ago, but BitBot did not answered yet. I will post the support ID when he finished his lunch break.

Best regards,
    Armin

• @Podtschaske

Did you send the message to the email address support+forum@1password.com? I'm not seeing it in our inbox. :frown: The reply from BitBot should be fairly quick... within a few minutes.

Ben

• Podtschaske
    Podtschaske
    Community Member

Hi Ben, I used „support+forum@1password.com“ (copied from your post).
    Armin

• Podtschaske
    Podtschaske
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

OK found Mr BitBot.
    He obviously had a lot of work.

Here is my ID: [#FYC-43743-799]

Armin

• Got it now. Thanks @Podtschaske. Will be in touch via email shortly. :)

Ben

ref: FYC-43743-799

• Podtschaske
    Podtschaske
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

I just tried the solution you told me via email.
    Worked like a dream - Thank you very much.

Armin :chuffed:

• Glad to hear it. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.