A question about generating a new password in the Windows app

Options

So I've finally migrated all my data (19 years worth) from Roboform to 1P, I've used 1P just for bank details previously, but I've taken the leap and found it completely painless :-)

The first thing that I think could be tweaked in the Windows app is when changing a password via generating a new one, upon clicking the "generate a new password" button it immediately overwrites the password that was already there, obviously I can get around this by copying the old password to the note section, but surely it would be useful for 1P to add it to another field as something like "password changed from **** on "whatever date it was changed" ??

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• That actually will be added automatically when you save the change, @Daviduk. In your item details, you'll see a "Show previously used passwords" button. Click that and you'll see (masked) passwords that were previously used under a label indicating the date the password was changed. :+1:

• Daviduk
    Daviduk
    Community Member
    Options

Ah right, thank you very much :)

• No trouble at all, @Daviduk! I hope you're enjoying 1Password so far, and if we can ever do anything more to help, you know where to find us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.