why there is no option to Auto fill the Email section in some websites

Hi.
I have just switched from Dashlane int 1Password.. one thing is bothering me so much.. .there is no option to Auto fill my email in an email filed in website that ask for that.. nor auto fill forms that i need to fill.
In Dashlane there is that option and its very helpful especially having a long Email address..
Thank you

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ronenak ,

If you are talking about a login form which requires a username and a password, 1Password should definitely autofill both fields. If it doesn't, I suggest you save a new login for that page manually: https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

However, if you are talking about just random email fields on random pages that are not login pages, you can create an identity item in your 1Password which can contain all of the information about you, including full name, address, phone number, email and more. When you try to autofill such fields, select the identity item and it will try to autofill all fields it finds a match for.

1Password can keep a lot more than just logins - it can contain bank accounts, notes, identities, licenses for apps, passports, credit cards and more. You can select the item type you'd like to create when you press the PLUS button in the app - it will ask you what kind of item you'd like to create. In this case - select Identity, then fill in all of your information and feel free to add custom fields if needed.

This discussion has been closed.