To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Just set up acct last week, can't log in, need to reset

Options
michelledodd
michelledodd
Community Member

I set this up last week while doing other stuff (whoever said multitasking was a thing is a liar) and I saved the Emergency Kit thinking that it had my password in it - but it didn't. Ugh.

I've tried following the directions to reset my data and start over but it keeps asking me to log in, which I can't do. This doesn't make sense. Please help. I just need to get started with this thing.

thanks,
MIchelle

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @michelledodd

If you do not recall your Master Password you'd need to delete your account and create a new one. You can do so by following the prompts at https://my.1password.com/support

I hope that helps!

Ben

• michelledodd
    michelledodd
    Community Member
    Options

Those directions have me enter my email, which sends me an email asking me to log in to my account. I can't freaking log in. I can't delete the account. I don't have an admin on the team to reset my password. I am posting here because I'm at a dead end or endless looping dead end. Can someone there please just delete the account for me? This is impossible!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2019
    Options

@michelledodd

I just tested this to be sure nothing has changed... Clicking the link should go like this:

If you're not seeing that can you please post a screenshot of what you do see?

▷ How to take a screenshot

We're unable to look up or make changes to anyone's account based on requests here on the forum due to its public nature, but if you'd prefer we delete your account for you we can do so. You'd need to email the request to us at support+forum@1password.com from the email address associated with your membership. When you email in you'll get a support ID. Please post that ID here so we can follow up. It generally takes us 24-48 hours to process these requests, so if you're able to use the automated system outlined above it would be much quicker.

Thanks!

Ben

• michelledodd
    michelledodd
    Community Member
    Options

I set up a team account but haven't had a chance to set up someone with permissions to recover my account - so I get the link to ask an admin to recover the account but the only other team member can't recover it. It's an endless loop of links leading to options I don't have available to me. I never get to anything that lets me delete the account.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @michelledodd. My apologizes; I didn't realize it worked differently with 1Password Teams memberships. Could you please send us an email to support+forum@1password.com with the request to delete from the email associated with your membership? Shortly after you do, you should get an automated response from BitBot containing a support ID. Please post that ID here and I'll ask our business team to follow up ASAP.

Ben

• michelledodd
    michelledodd
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the support ID:

[#DBA-33719-176]

Thank you!
    Michelle

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @michelledodd. You should have that soon.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.