Can't remove corporate vault i no longer have access to

es_agilebits
es_agilebits
Community Member

I used to be part of a corporate plan of which I am no longer a member. I am now trying to setup my family plan, but the 1password desktop app keeps asking me for the password of my corporate account. When I go to Preferences > Accounts, the '+/-' section is grayed out so I can't remove or add a new account. How can I remove this old account and setup my new one?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @es_agilebits! If you have only the single 1password.com account from your employer that you no longer use, and no other accounts or standalone vaults, then that's the reason you can't remove it -- because 1Password has to have at least one standalone vault or 1password.com account. However, you should be able to add another account. This is the area you should be clicking to add another account (the plus button):

Is that what you're trying, that's grayed out? If so, do you have data in any other vaults/accounts on this device, or is it only the one account of which you are no longer a member?

• es_agilebits
    es_agilebits
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

Unfortunately, exactly where you have circled in red is where it is greyed out.

This is the only account in 1password for this device/user. I have another user on my mac that was never setup with the disabled 1password account and it works perfectly fine for an account I just signed up for.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019

@es_agilebits - then that means you're trying to access the Preferences when 1Password is locked, which will result in most of those items being grayed out/unusable.

Fortunately, if the old 1Password account from your employer is the only data in 1Password on this Mac user account, then that also means this will be easier than it might have been otherwise. With 1Password 7 open (doesn't have to be unlocked, just running), click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password Data and the next time you open 1Password it will be as if you're a new user. Sign into any new account to access your data. Let us know if you have any questions or troubles! :)

• es_agilebits
    es_agilebits
    Community Member

that worked a charm, thanks lars!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@es_agilebits, on behalf of Lars, you are very welcome! I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.