Unable to paste password into create login form on app

Purplediva
Purplediva
Community Member
edited October 2019 in iOS

So i'm in the middle of a huge project to update and make my passwords more secure and also move all of my passwords/logins from Safari to 1P. Currently I'm at about 400 and counting :'( . I've had 1P for many years, but got lazy as Safari was generally more user friendly for saving and using passwords throughout iOS, so now i'm stuck manually moving them. The majority of passwords I have I use through Safari, so i've used the various websites to update the passwords and then save them as a new login into 1P.

With that being said, I've been having issues with Apps not identifying the login (already saw posts about Associated Domain), so what I've been trying is to create the login directly on my phone. That way I know which one's are having issues with app associations, etc. but what i'm running into is the inability to paste my current password into the form for creating a new login. I don't need to generate a new password because i've already done that. Any help with this would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.1.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Purplediva

Which apps are you having this difficulty inside of? I just tested and was able to paste into the password field:

[Here's the link to the video.](https://bucket.agilebits.com/tmp/ben/RPReplay_Final1570824695.MP4)

Ben

• Purplediva
    Purplediva
    Community Member

hum.... i'm having the issue directly inside of 1P, where it looks like you're pasting at the 0:07 mark; so clearly an issue on my side. I'll try to restart my phone, maybe it's something wonky on my end

• Thanks @Purplediva. I was able to paste in the password field inside of the 1Password app as well, so a restart may be a good start.

Ben

• Purplediva
    Purplediva
    Community Member

Ok, not sure what was going on, but that looks to have fixed the issue. This is the first time i'm creating logins on my device, so didn't realize that was not intended behavior. Thanks!

OAN, with the Associated Domains, is this all up to the dev to update and fix or is there any way for the user to intervene? Will/is there be an option to do something like a default password association for an app? On a few apps, i've been able to update the original login with the domain was trying to find (Domino's is the best example I have, it was looking for dpz.io rather than dominos.com) so I was able to add it in the app, but another Pizza Hut, never shows anything and never finds my login automatically. That's probably the ONLY thing I really miss from the ios password tool.

• Glad to hear that helped. As for the associated domain... it is 100% up to the app developer. Without that, Password AutoFill has no idea which app you're in.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.