To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sync issues between desktop and iOS devices

tfortuna
tfortuna
Community Member

I am a subscription member. Having issues with syncing between desktop and iOS devices.
For starters I can't locate the sync button anywhere.
When I create a new entry on the desktop it fails to be updated and available in the iOS devices!!!
Most frustrating as I seem to cop this a fair bit.
I believe my sync to be with iCloud, again I can't find this anywhere?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302004)
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: Catalina
Sync Type: iCloud?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tfortuna! Welcome to the forum!

For starters I can't locate the sync button anywhere.

If you have a subscription, sync is automatic through your 1Password account, so you will not see the sync button anywhere, this is normal.

When I create a new entry on the desktop it fails to be updated and available in the iOS devices!!!

Have you logged in to your 1Password account also on your iOS devices already?

• tfortuna
    tfortuna
    Community Member

It ended up working but it took about 20 minutes to update/sync between the devices (:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tfortuna:

Thank you for the update! Sync normally takes just a few seconds, so if you keep seeing this, please let us know and we will take a closer look :)

• tfortuna
    tfortuna
    Community Member

Thank you ag_ana

• :+1: :)

Ben

• sergio111
    sergio111
    Community Member

I have the same problem. After upgrade to subscriptions model and converting my vault to 1password sync vault from iCloud sync stopped happening. I have signed on ios and osx to the same account but 1password apps behave like completely independent vaults despite using the same name and same account. OSX version from appstore - 7.4.1. IOS version from appstore. Any help would be appricated. I use latest ios amd MacOS Mojave.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@sergio111:

After upgrade to subscriptions model and converting my vault to 1password sync vault from iCloud sync stopped happening.

Can you please help us understand where the issue might lie? If you create an item on your iOS device, does it show up on 1Password.com in a browser?

And if you now create an item from 1Password for Mac, does that show up on 1Password.com, also in a browser?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sergio111: To clarify, a local vault and syncing with iCloud is in no way involved with a 1Password membership account. If you have migrated all of your data to the 1Password membership account -- you can easily verify at https://start.1password.com in your browser -- then the any local vaults should be removed to avoid confusion:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

This discussion has been closed.