new macbookair. signed in, data transferred but nothing happens when clicking a login

hww263
hww263
Community Member

setting up password act on new MacBook Air. signed in, data transferred but when I select a specific login nothing happens

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mohave
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:new macbookair. signed in, data transferred but nothing happens when clicking a login

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hww263! Welcome to the forum!

Where exactly are you selecting this login (in the 1Password app, in 1Password mini, in the browser extension), and what are you doing exactly to have it filled in the browser (are you using the keyboard shortcut, are you clicking on the browser extension etc)?

• hww263
    hww263
    Community Member

hello! elderly non-power user here. On my old Mac when I opened 1password app and selected "logins", I got a list of all my logins. Then selected the one I wanted, a detail screen would open on the right side and if I clicked on the website, Safari would start, the login page would start and 1password would fill in my username and password and I would be good to go.
    Yesterday I downloaded 1password7 onto my new MacBook Air, logged in with my secret key and all, and my login list and accompanying data appeared. Then I would click on the website and nothing happens. Since I know nothing about Safari Extensions, I'm betting this is the problem. Thank you for your attention. Hi

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@hww263:

Thank you for the additional information! Can you please make sure that the 1Password extension is enabled in your Safari Preferences > Extensions tab? It should look similar to this:

• hww263
    hww263
    Community Member

Thanks.
    That fixed the problem.
    Hi

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.