How do I delete a Vault? 1Password version 6.8.9 on a Mac.

I have a stand alone vault which I wish to delete. How do I do this?

There is no delete menu on 1Password...

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.15
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:how do i delete a vault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Tallchap: Why are you trying to delete it? And what will you be left with if you do? 1Password shouldn't allow you to delete the only vault you have setup.

• Tallchap
    Tallchap
    Community Member

I have 3 vaults: 1 personal, 1 shared, and 1 old one I wish to delete as it is no longer required

• @Tallchap

If you have a Personal vault that would seemingly indicate that you have a 1Password membership. Membership gives you the ability to use the latest versions of the 1Password apps on all of your compatible devices. Is there a reason you're still using the now retired 1Password v6?

What I would recommend here is:

1. Print a copy of your Emergency Kit: Get to know your Emergency Kit | 1Password
    2. At the 1Password lock screen, select Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password Data
    3. Install 1Password 7: https://1password.com/downloads
    4. Sign into your 1Password account using the details from your Emergency Kit

That would remove the old Primary vault and get you to a good state with the latest version. I hope that helps!

Ben

• Tallchap
    Tallchap
    Community Member

Hi Ben

When I say personal vault, I mean only that it is not shared. I don't think I have 1Password membership (no secret key or Account in 1Password on ioS / on my Mac. I have not upgarde because I would have to pay a monthly subscription. So I am still using version 6.

Surely it must be possible - and really simple - to delete a Vault in 1Password 6??

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Tallchap: It can be, but it depends on what you've setup. What do you see in the vault list?

• Tallchap
    Tallchap
    Community Member

In 1Password > Preferences I have 3 Vaults:

• Primary Vault
    • Shared Vault
    • Old Vault to delete
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Tallchap: Thanks! If you switch to "Old Vault to delete" in the app, are you able to delete it from the 1Password menu at the top of the screen?

• Tallchap
    Tallchap
    Community Member

That works! Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! Thanks for the update. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.