A photo added as a Document on iOS 13 displays as “Adjustments.plist” [under investigation]

Argelius
Argelius
Community Member
edited October 2019 in iOS

On my iPhone (iOS 13) when, in a Secure Note, I click on "attach file", the app opens up to Photos. After I select a photo to include in this Note, what ends up being attached is something called "adjustments.plist", not a photo.

However, on Mac OSX attaching a photo does, indeed, attach a photo.

I'm guessing this is just a bug of sorts....

1Password Version: 7.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Argelius! Welcome to the forum!

Just for confirmation: are you on iOS 13, the beta version? Because 1Password for iOS has not been updated yet to work on beta iOS versions, so I wonder if this might have something to do with what you are seeing.

• Argelius
    Argelius
    Community Member

Yes — I should have specified that. I’m on the developer beta 3. I’ll keep an eye out if the problem persists as we await the official release of iOS 13 and 1Password’s updated app.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Argelius: Thanks for the info! Are you also running the Catalina beta?

• Argelius
    Argelius
    Community Member

I am! I like living on the edge.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Heh. Sounds good. Be sure to let us know if you notice anything there as well. Cheers! :)

• phish108
    phish108
    Community Member

This thread is old, but apparently unresolved.

I am running on the official iOS13 release.

When trying to attach a processed photo to an entry in my vault, I experience the above behaviour, too.

Instead of getting a copy of the photo I end up with the adjustments.plist.

• catarineu
    catarineu
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

After upgrading to iOS 13 the picture attachment to a secure note doesn’t work. It appears always the as a “Adjustments.plist” file.

Please fix it soon. It’s quite annoying.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@phish108: Can you be more specific? We haven't had reports of this since later iOS 13 betas. What versions are you running there, and what are the exact steps you're taking? I'm not having any trouble adding a photo as a Document.

• phish108
    phish108
    Community Member

Adding unprocessed photos works just fine.

The bug is triggered as following:

• take a photo using the camera app.
    • Use the photos app to rotate the photo.
    • Add the processed photo to any record in any vault.

The attached file won’t be the rotated photo but a plist document.

I am on iOS 13.1.2 and 1Password 7.4.2

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019

@phish108: Thank you! Interestingly, while I'm able to reproduce that on iOS 13, it does not happen on iOS 12. Also, the image is added. It's just getting a .plist extension, which makes it less-than-useful on iOS, but macOS QuickLook renders it correctly:

We'll see what might be causing that. Cheers! :)

ref: dev/apple/issues#4275

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @catarineu! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please share exact steps to reproduce this so we can test it here as well?

• catarineu
    catarineu
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

Preliminary Note
    I’ve discovered that 1Password works well with non-modified photos on iOS 13. But once you edit a picture (eg, change its brightness) the 1Password app gets the modification metadata instead of the modified picture itself.
    This modification metadata exists because iOS allows you to undo every change applied to the picture. Sounds like the “pick a file” API call has changed in iOS 13 and 1Password gets the wrong data structure from the call’s answer.

Steps
    1) Modify any picture in your iOS camera roll
    2) 1Password -> New document -> Photo from camera roll
    3) choose the modified picture

• phish108
    phish108
    Community Member

@brenty thanks for verifying this bug. I did not encounter this behavior on iOS12, either.

I find it super useful to have certain document copies on my phone rather than on a laptop. So having a fix would be great.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Agreed. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! We'll see what we can do. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@catarineu: Sorry for the inconvenience. I've merged your posts with the existing discussion of this. We're looking into it.

• catarineu
    catarineu
    Community Member

Ok! No problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your patience and understanding while we work on this! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.