1password on the upcoming MAC OS Catalina.

wilson2181
wilson2181
Community Member

I read that 1password will not work on the new mac os Catalina. Is that true?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I read that 1password will not work on the upcoming MAC OS Catalina. Is that true?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wilson2181!

That is not true. The latest version of 1Password will be compatible with macOS Catalina.

If you could point us to where you read that it won't be compatible, it would be really appreciated.

• wilson2181
    wilson2181
    Community Member

I read it in an article on Apple News but I don’t recall the source and I can’t find it now. It was an article about all the apps that wouldn’t work and 1Password was in the list

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wilson2181:

Thank you for the update. Sounds good, if you do find the article please share it with us so we can reach out and ask to correct the article :)

Thank you!

• brennanb4
    brennanb4
    Community Member

I installed macOS Catalina yesterday and 1Password is NOT working properly with it. When I click the 1Password icon in Safari, the application launches and flashes briefly but doesn't appear in front of the Safari page as before. When I click on the 1Password icon in the menu bar, nothing happens at all. The app fails to launch.

• gawahrle
    gawahrle
    Community Member

1Password 7 quit unexpectedly is what I get everytime 1Password is launched in Catalina.

• Hi @brennanb4 and @gawahrle

Could you please try installing the latest version of 1Password from our website?

1Password for Mac

If you're still having trouble please send us a diagnostic report by following these instructions:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/107005/
    • Your forum username

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• brennanb4
    brennanb4
    Community Member

Thanks, Ben. I have re-installed 1Password and it's working somewhat better now. When I click on the icon in Safari, the 1Password page now comes to the front but doesn't input the username and password as it did before. Where would I find the diagnostics to send to you?
    Best,
    Brian

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@brennanb4 - glad to hear things are a bit better now. Can I get you to check Safari > Preferences > Extensions and make sure the 1Password extension there is a) present and b) active (checked in the sidebar)? Thanks. If it IS, then I'd like you to quit all running browsers, and Quit 1Password 7 completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then restart your Mac. After restart, let us know whether you're able to fill data into Login pages.

• brennanb4
    brennanb4
    Community Member

Thanks, Lars. Did all that. 1Password still not inputting data into Login pages.

• gawahrle
    gawahrle
    Community Member

Still getting 1Password quit unexpectedly after re-installing. Sent diagnostics to support. BHK-93641-.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@brennanb4:

Can you confirm that 1Password has been correctly activated, either with a license or with a subscription? You need one of the two for filling to work. You can check this by launching 1Password and clicking on the 1Password menu in the menu bar > License... entry.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@gawahrle:

Can you please post the complete ticket number so we can locate your message in our system? Thank you!

• brennanb4
    brennanb4
    Community Member

I don't have a license. I have a subscription, which doesn't renew until April 27, 2020.

• gawahrle
    gawahrle
    Community Member

BHK-93641-299 Still getting 1Password quit unexpectedly after re-installing. Sent diagnostics to support.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@brennanb4:

Can you please check that menu for me anyway to make sure that your subscription has been applied to your 1Password app properly? It will tell you that you are licensed with a 1Password Membership if you have a subscription.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@gawahrle:

Thank you! I have managed to locate your message in the system. Someone will get back to you over there as soon as possible :)

ref: BHK-93641-299

• brennanb4
    brennanb4
    Community Member

Sorry, I'm not seeing any link to a license on the 1Password7 drop-down menu.

• @brennanb4

There are two possible explanations for that:

• You downloaded 1Password from the Mac App Store
    • You've already added your account to 1Password

In 1Password > About 1Password it should tell you if you're using the version from us or from the App Store. In 1Password > Preferences > Accounts it should list your account, if you've added it.

Ben

• brennanb4
    brennanb4
    Community Member

In About 1Password, it says I received version 7.3.2 from the 1Password Store. Under Account, it says my subscription is active.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@brennanb4:

Thank you for the confirmation. Please send us a diagnostics report from your Mac to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• brennanb4
    brennanb4
    Community Member

Have just sent the diagnostics report. Haven't received a ticket number yet.

• JimLevie
    JimLevie
    Community Member

When the issues with Catalina have been resolved and fixed a broadcast email to Mac users to that effect would be greatly appreciated.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Quitting 1Password Completely -- Command Option Control Q -- then restarting your Mac and relaunching it should resolve whatever is getting hung up in Catalina on first launch.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@brennanb4:

Thank you. It can take a few minutes for our system to send the confirmation email with the ticket number, so this can be normal :)

• brennanb4
    brennanb4
    Community Member

I've just received an e-mail from Garrett, 1Password personal project manager, with this reference; [#CJH-69289-327] He's suggesting I delete a copy of 1Password that I have on an external hard drive connected to my iMac. So your team is on the job!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019

That's great to hear, thank you for the update :)

ref: CJH-69289-327

• brennanb4
    brennanb4
    Community Member

I haven't heard back from Garrett since I deleted the extra copy of 1Password on my external drive, and told him that the issue still persists. Maybe you can follow up? Thanks!

• Hi @brennanb4

I apologize for the delay. We're currently experiencing higher than usual volume of requests. We'll be in touch as soon as we can. :)

Ben

• JohnBrewster
    JohnBrewster
    Community Member

I am having this issue also, where I select the 1Password icon on the Chrome browser and the 1Password window for login is popping up from the MacOS Menu bar. Also, it does not fully push login/passwd to the browser. Oddness abounds.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JohnBrewster:

We talked about several different things in this discussion, which one are you referring to exactly when you wrote "I am having this issue also"?

This discussion has been closed.