Updating to iPhone 11 Breaks syncing via 1password.com using Family Subscription

Options
brockp
brockp
Community Member

I am a long time 1password user, and about a year ago migrated to a family plan and use the subscription to sync between family members and desktops.

I upgraded my iPhone 7 for an 11. I followed the steps prompted by iOS to migrate and 1password came along for the ride.
I created a few new logins and credit cards on my iPhone 11 and now find they are not syncing to my mac or my 1password.com account.

Under Profile -> Account -> Authorized Devices I see my phone and my desktop as having last access very recently.

Yet one of these logins created days ago does not yet exist, nor the credit card added 6+ hours ago.

I don't want to lose the logins as resetting them would be difficult and painful, is there a way to fix syncing on my phone?

1Password Version: ios 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 13.x
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brockp! Welcome to the forum!

If you look at the vaults inside 1Password on these two devices, are they the same? I would like to make sure that one of your devices is not saving data on a different vault than the other.

• brockp
    brockp
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks that was it. When I moved to the new phone it created a local vault it even says last updated 50 days ago. The desktop version didn't show that vault and it had all duplicates (plus the new items) from the vaults in the 1password.com account. I moved the new items to a vault in 1password.com and deleted the local vault and all appears well now.

Thanks for giving the idea where to look, I just assuming syncing broke during the migration from the old phone to the new.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brockp: Glad Ana was able to help! The key is having all of your devices using only the 1Password membership account -- no local vaults (like "Primary"), as those are completely separate from an account. Let me know if you need any help with that. :)

This discussion has been closed.