Problem installing on second Mac computer - duplicates and an extra vault.

mitchell8Ratner
mitchell8Ratner
Community Member

Moving from family 6 to family 7. All went well on my macbook (high sierra) . When I installed on my desktop (high sierra), something screwed up. I have duplicates for all item in my private icloud vault and also separate on the desktop. Should I just erase everything and start over on the Desktop.

Can you give me instructions on how best to delete (if that is what you suggest) and also, how best to install on a new machine. (So my screw doesn't happen again.) Thank you.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• mitchell8Ratner
    mitchell8Ratner
    Community Member

left out a word. Should be "also separate vault on the desktop."

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mitchell8Ratner! Welcome to the forum!

I have duplicates for all item in my private icloud vault and also separate on the desktop.

How many vaults do you have on this desktop computer? Are there additional vaults there that are not on the MacBook?

• mitchell8Ratner
    mitchell8Ratner
    Community Member

On both the laptop and the desktop I have two vaults under XX's Family. One is private and one is shared.
    Additionally, on the desk top I have a vault under "On My Mac" that is titled Primary.
    Before updating to 1P 7 family. I had standalone version 1P 6 on both computers.

I would appreciate help in both straightening out the Desk Top and having instructions for how to correctly install version 7 on computers and ipads for my wife and daughter, so that they also have private and shared vaults. Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mitchell8Ratner:

Thank you for the clarification!

Additionally, on the desk top I have a vault under "On My Mac" that is titled Primary. Before updating to 1P 7 family. I had standalone version 1P 6 on both computers.

I suspected that this was the case. If your data is already all inside your 1Password account, I recommend removing your Primary vault from this device so the configuration is the same as on the other and you don't have duplicates. To remove the Primary vault from 1Password 7:

1. From the menu bar, choose Vault > Switch to Vault > Primary.
    2. Choose Vault > Delete Vault.

how to correctly install version 7 on computers and ipads for my wife and daughter, so that they also have private and shared vaults

All they need to do is login to their 1Password account after you have invited them :)

This discussion has been closed.