1 Password 7 doesn't seem to work

nhoward
nhoward
Community Member

I have used 1Password for years; the most recent version is version 6. As Safari is my primary browser, I find that I have to upgrade to version7. I downloaded the program and installed it. (Actually I think I downloaded it and it installed automatically.). I have not decided whether I will buy a membership or as standalone Version (or change to another program if I don't like version7). When I go to a website, the login website does not appear from the menu icon. When pressed, I just get a alphabetical list of all of the items, including all of the websites I have passwords for. If I want to log in, I have to find the webpage name (not always easy to do) and then, when I click on the website name, it does not autofill the user name and password - I have to copy and past it into the blanks. That is not how it should work. It worked fine in Password 6 until the last upgrade. I have installed the Safari extensions and restarted the computer. I am running Mojave on a Macbook pro. What can I do to make it work the way it used to?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1 password 7 mini doesn't go to correct website nor enter password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nhoward: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you have the 1Password Preferences > Mini > Open to option set to "All Items", but want "Suggestions". If you change it, does that help?

Also, keep in mind that you can use the keyboard shortcut -- ⌘ \ -- to fill logins, and typing in 1Password mini will search your items to find them faster as well.

• nhoward
    nhoward
    Community Member

I've changed it, but when I open it again, it has reverted to All Items. BUT, if I then go up and choose suggestions, and get the name of the proper website that I am on, the username and password have to be copied and pasted. When I copy and paste the username, I have to open 1Password again, and it changed to All Items again, so I had to choose Suggestions again, and then copy and paste the password. In 1Password6, once opened, the correct webpage listing came up automatically, and then clicking on it had the user name and password enter automatically. Doesn't this happen anymore? This is a lot more steps than before.

• nhoward
    nhoward
    Community Member

I have discovered in preference to have the menu bar 1Password icon open in Suggestions. That still doesn't solve the having to copy and paste the user name and password into the website instead of autofilling. Is that the way it is now, or there a setting that I have missed?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nhoward:

It's good to hear that 1Password now opens to the menu you are expecting. Let's look at the filling issue now. If you open Safari Preferences > Extensions tab, can you confirm that the 1Password browser extension is correctly enabled? It should look like this:

• nhoward
    nhoward
    Community Member

I've changed it, but when I open it again, it has reverted to All Items. BUT, if I then go up and choose suggestions, and get theme of the proper website that I am on, the username and password have to be copied and pasted. In 1Password6, once opened, the correct webpage came up automatically, and then clicking on it had the user name and password enter automatically. Doesn't this happen anymore? This is a lot more steps than before.

• nhoward
    nhoward
    Community Member

Yes, Safari Preferences -> Extensions looks exactly like that, except that I don't have the Automatically update extensions... box at the bottom (which I guess would not affect this issue).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nhoward:

Indeed, that settings it won't be related to this issue. Can you please send a diagnostics report from your Mac to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• nhoward
    nhoward
    Community Member

I've tried twice sent the diagnostic zip file - once to the link in the diagnostic troubleshooting instructions, and once to the support-forum@agilebits address. Both time it has been rejected by my ISP (comcast). Here is the response when it fails to send

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

• support+forum@agilebits.com

Reason: Permanent Error

Reporting-MTA: dns; resqmta-ch2-12v.sys.comcast.net [69.252.207.44]
    Received-From-MTA: dns; resomta-ch2-12v.sys.comcast.net [69.252.207.108]
    Arrival-Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 16:31:34 +0000

Final-recipient: rfc822; support+forum@agilebits.com
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 552-5.7.0 This message was blocked because its content presents a potential

Last-attempt-Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 16:31:35 +0000

• nhoward
    nhoward
    Community Member

I think it send the third time I tried. This time I sent it to "support@agilebits.com". The previous ones that were rejected were sent to support+forum@agilebits.com (as suggested above) and support+mac@asgilebit.com, suggest in the troubleshooting app. I hope that it ended up in the correct place.

• nhoward
    nhoward
    Community Member

The second time I did spell agilebits.com correctly in the email address.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @nhoward!

We have received your email and we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: HYU-53541-373

This discussion has been closed.