Alfred and Brave browser integration

pdoak
pdoak
Community Member

If I set Safari as my default browser, I can launch a login from Alfred and Safari will launch opening the websites and fill in the login details. However, if I set Brave as my default browser and the browser is minimised, Alfred will not launch the website. Instead 1Password mini is launched.

I don't know what is the problem, Alfred, brave or 1Password but thought I would start here.

Many Thanks

Paul

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302003) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.15
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:alfred brave

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pdoak: I believe that's related to a Chrome limitation, as I've seen the same with Chrome, and Brave is also based on Chrome. If you have a Brave window open, does that work as expected?

• pdoak
    pdoak
    Community Member

Yes it does

• pdoak
    pdoak
    Community Member

I don't understand why this should be a limitation as if I want to search the web from Alfred, I can invoke a search and Brave will launch if hidden and show me the search results. Why would this be different when trying to invoke a website and fill the login contents from 1Password

• @pdoak

I'm not familiar with what might be technically different between Chrome and other browsers here, but Chrome-based browsers are the only ones I've seen similar reports with. Safari and Firefox seem to work fine.

ben

• pdoak
    pdoak
    Community Member

Thanks Ben. I will post a similar question in the Alfred forums and see if anyone can shed some light on the reason why it does not work.

• Feel free to post the link here when you have it. Thanks! :)

Ben

• pdoak
    pdoak
    Community Member

I posted the question on the Alfred forum and this was the response:

"All Alfred does is tell 1Password to "open item with ID XXX-XXX-XXX". What happens after that is down to 1Password and your browser."

From that response, it appears that 1Password cannot interact with Brave properly. At a minimum, I would expect 1Password to be able to launch Brave but it can't seem to do that.

• @pdoak

I understand how you might get that impression, but again this works as expected with Firefox, Safari, and Opera, which leads me to believe it is something specific to Chrome-based browsers. As Brenty mentioned above I believe the difficulty lies there.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.