Autofill doesn't work properly

Hi 1Password X team,

I was just hoping to report an issue I'm having with 1PX autofilling the credentials on a website, https://my.bswhealth.com/login. When I select the account in 1PX, the username and password fields seem to fill properly, but then once I click anywhere else on the website, the fields are cleared. It does work correctly if I manually type my email address in and then paste the password, but autofill itself seems to fail. This is in Firefox 68.0.1 on macOS 10.14.6 with 1PX 1.15.7 installed, but it's been happening for several months now -- just decided to mention it today. :smile:

Any thoughts? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Tycho!

I tested this and I see that Autofill is working properly on the website: both the username and password field are filled without issues. I did manage to reproduce the behavior you mention however, by clicking somewhere other than the login button after filling. I am honestly not sure if this is a 1Password behavior or if it's caused by the website though.

• Tycho
    Tycho
    Community Member

Hi Ana,

Thanks for getting back to me! So I tried again by creating a username of test and pw of 1234, had 1PX save it as a new login, and then told 1PX to Autofil the credentials. The username briefly fills and then vanishes, and the password fills and remains. I've attached a screen recording to help illustrate.

https://i.imgur.com/7CS4m7Q.mp4

Thanks again!

• Hey @Tycho!

Thanks for the screen recording! I just played around on the MyBSWHealth site and was able to reproduce the issue but unfortunately wasn't able to find a workaround for filling the username field so it looks like this is something our developers will need to take a closer look at. I've gone ahead and filed an issue to get it on their radar. I'm really sorry for the obstruction this may be to your workflow in the meantime.

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#629

• Tycho
    Tycho
    Community Member

No worries, Cecelia. Thanks for the help!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hopefully we can find a resolution beyond copy and paste.

• Tycho
    Tycho
    Community Member

Just as a follow up, wanted to let you know that autofill seems to be working correctly now! Don't know if it was a change to 1P on your part or the website itself was changed on the server-side, but either way all seems well. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update! We have made some improvements to filling, but it's certainly also possible that some change on the website itself helped too. Either way, glad to hear the good news. We're here if you need us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.