To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Where is data stored?

Options
buyanet
buyanet
Community Member
edited October 2019 in Memberships

Hey there! So I've been a user of a different Password Manager (their free version) for quite some time but never really made an effort to bring Password Security to the forefront of my priorities until recently. I am in the middle of the 30 day family trial membership and am really liking it (besides the couple of hiccups already posted on the iOS forum with the bug you guys are ironing out). So far I've changed a bunch of my passwords already to secure ones, and they're all synced up nicely.

This gets me to my question though ..... where and how is our data stored? It's obviously cloud based, so how secure is our information really? I am thinking if companies the likes of Equifax, Sony, etc. can be hacked, what prevents a skilled hacker to gain access to our data?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hi @buyanet

1Password is designed with the idea that 1Password.com could be compromised in mind. Obviously there are a number of protections in place to prevent that, but it is designed such that even if that were to happen an attacker would not be able to access your data. The way in which we accomplish this is through the use of end-to-end encryption where the only endpoints are your devices and the encryption is performed using secrets only you have (i.e. your Master Password and Secret Key). Even 1Password employees with the highest levels of access to our servers cannot see what passwords you are storing in 1Password.

You can read more about our security model here:

About the 1Password security model

I hope that helps!

Ben

• buyanet
    buyanet
    Community Member
    Options

I'm liking 1Password more and more. Thanks for the info! It's a great product!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the kind words. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.