To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password v7 is installed, but I still have v6 operating as well...??

NormCole
NormCole
Community Member

I can access a website with my old (v6) password as well as the same website using my new (v7) password. How is this possible?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password v7 is installed, but I still have v6 operating as well...??

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@NormCole: It's possible, but keeping both is not something I'd recommend, as you can run into issues with macOS launching the wrong one, and also confusion over where you're saving information. You can simply drag 1Password 6 to the Trash, restart your Mac, and then use 1Password 7 going forward. :)

• NormCole
    NormCole
    Community Member

Correction...My original 1Password now showing as V7, still can be accessed from my dock .

When I call up my new v7 1Password, which is called up via 1Password.com, I can change a password for a site there which gives me effectively two passwords for same site, both of which work...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@NormCole: If you have saved multiple Login items for the same website, all with the same correct password, they will all work. You can delete any extras you don't need though.

• NormCole
    NormCole
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty, but it appears that I can now get into, say, Facebook using two different passwords, both of which work. I'm reluctant to delete the "Dock accessed" version of 1Password (now v 7) until I'm sure they have been properly moved to the new (.com) version...

• NormCole
    NormCole
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty..I agree, but it appears that I can now access all my old (v6) passwords v7 via my dock and I don't want to delete these old passwords until I'm sure they've been properly imported into the new v7 application via password.com.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@NormCole: Rather than speculating, I'd suggest signing into your account on 1Password.com in your web browser to check. Deleting the app does not delete your data, but it would be ideal to make sure your data is in your account. Only you can determine that though. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@NormCole: Regarding your earlier comment about Facebook (I didn't realize you'd posted twice), that's not something we can help with. It would be strange if Facebook accepts two different passwords to sign in, but that would be something you'd need to contact them about. The login credentials websites accept is determined by those websites.

This discussion has been closed.