Possible suggestion

Options
buyanet
buyanet
Community Member
edited October 2019 in iOS

I’m a member of multiple websites that use the same domain, but use different logins for each one.

For instance:

Example1.url.com
Example2.url.com
Example3.url.com

The problem is when trying to pick the correct password, I can’t because the pop up only shows “url.com” and omits the part before it.

Any chance the sub domain can be added to be shown on this pop up?

PS: I know I can click “1Password” and log into the app and am able to see the sub domain there, it would just make it faster to see it in the pop up.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@buyanet: It sounds like iOS Password Autofill just has some stale data cached. Going to 1Password Settings > Autofill may help. But ultimately we don't have control over the OS, so if it is still hanging onto outdated information, disabling Autofill in iOS Settings, restarting your device, and enabling Autofill again should do the trick. :)

• buyanet
    buyanet
    Community Member
    Options

I don’t even have iOS auto fill turned on (only 1Password). But what you’re saying is you have no control over what is displayed on that pop up?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@buyanet: Indeed, that UI is iOS Password Autofill. I don't know how you could even see it if the feature is not enabled, but it's possible there's an iOS bug I'm not aware of. What do you see in iOS Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Autofill Passwords?

• buyanet
    buyanet
    Community Member
    Options

I see what you mean, I do have the feature turned on but only pulling from 1Password is what I meant. I figured 1Password is able to tell it what to display in that field, or do the devs just have to cross their fingers that relevant info is shown there? That’s why I’m not a developer :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@buyanet: Ahh sorry for the confusion. 1Password can offer itself as a provider for Autofill data, but all of that is handled by the OS itself. What I was suggesting is toggling that switch off completely -- i.e. no longer green -- and then re-enabling it after restarting the device. That will almost certainly clear the Autofill cache and get you only current data there again. Let me know if that helps. :)

• buyanet
    buyanet
    Community Member
    Options

Nope, no change to my original Screenshot. It only shows “centercode.com” instead of subdomain.centercode.com so there’s no way for me to differentiate. Bummer, but at least it shows after I click 1Password. Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

@buyanet

It would be possible for us to show e.g. appleid.apple.com there, but then you would not be able to fill those credentials at apple.com or developer.apple.com. This may be okay for some folks in some scenarios, but would be quite restrictive for others in other scenarios. It isn't something we're currently looking at changing. Tapping the 1Password option at the bottom of the list will show you the item titles (which we can't show in Password AutoFill) which may make differentiating between the items easier.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.