I need help consolidating vaults between iOS and my Mac and managing sync correctly

debmfish
debmfish
Community Member

I have been frustrated some time now because often I can't access passwords on iOS that I know I have accessed on my Mac. When I log into 1Password7 on my Mac and when I open the iOS app, I see four total vaults: three vaults under my account name and 1 vault under iCloud. The Primary vault under my account has nothing in it. The Primary vault under iCloud has 580 items. There is a Personal vault under my account that has 256 items. Of course, when I log into my account on 1Password.com, I see only the three vaults for my account.

There are several items in the Primary vault under iCloud that are not in my account vaults and need to be. I have already done a migration in the past, but clearly didn't set up my sync correctly. Here are my questions: 1)How do I consolidate my vaults to make sure I have everything in the vaults under my account? Then, 2) How do I use the correct platform for sync and make sure all of my devices have the same information?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.9
OS Version: OS 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud?
Referrer: forum-search:how to stop syncing to iCloud

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @debmfish, thanks for getting in touch! I'm happy to help you get all your 1Password data properly consolidated in your 1Password account and make sure all your devices are in sync.

To help me help you, I'd like to take our conversation to email so I can grab some under-the-hood diagnostics from the 1Password apps on your devices. Please press this magic link on each of the devices you use 1Password on. (This link is for debmfish only.) Follow the prompts to send the email containing the diagnostics, one time per device where you have 1Password.

Looking forward to seeing those so we can continue our conversation and get everything working properly.

Cheers,
    Henry

ref: GJA-56249-454

• tdavey
    tdavey
    Community Member

I have a very similar problem although all of my vaults have data in them and I would like to consolidate everything in one vault.

• hartofak
    hartofak
    Community Member

Same

• Hi folks,

You can move any items you'd like to keep from the Primary vault to the Personal vault:

Move and copy items

Then delete the Primary vault from all devices:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.