Double login items on mobile devices

Options
JHann
JHann
Community Member

I signed up for 1password 7 on my iMac, then converted the app on 2 iPads and 2 iPhones from iPassword 6. I'm syncing through Dropbox. I changed the password on one of my logins to test the syncing. At first the new ones showed up on only one iPhone, but today (24 hours later), all four mobile devices have the new login, BUT they all have two of each login. In the case of the one I changed, one login is the old password and the other the new. Also, I had changed my master password on the iMac when I signed up, but I had to manually change it on the 4 mobile devices.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.6, iOS 13.1.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JHann!

How many vaults do you have inside the 1Password app on your devices?

• JHann
    JHann
    Community Member
    Options

I have 2. It says, “Vaults included in all vaults: John Hannan and Personal.”
    Then it says, “On Dropbox, Primary.”
    All three have switches in the on position.
    Also, above all that it says, “Vault for Saving, Primary.” If I tap that, it takes me to a choice between Primary (which is selected) and Personal.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @JHann

Okay, the Primary vault is the problem. That should've been deleted when you migrated to an account. If you sign in at https://my.1password.com/ do you see all of your latest changes/additions to your data there? If not, you'd need to move any recently changed/added items from the Primary vault to the Personal vault. Once complete, please delete the Primary vault from each device:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

That should solve the duplicates issue and also make it so that going forward all of your devices unlock with the same Master Password, even if you change it.

Ben

• JHann
    JHann
    Community Member
    Options

OK. Thanks, Ben. That worked, but now on the settings page there is no longer a Sync link to tap, and I can't find a mention of syncing anywhere. Will future changes or additions still sync to all devices over Dropbox?

• Ben
    Options

That worked

Glad to hear it. :)

Will future changes or additions still sync to all devices over Dropbox?

No, but they will sync with your membership. 1Password membership is the sync service.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.