Can't delete login or password with browser extension

Options
defiant
defiant
Community Member

Not sure if this is a 1Password 7 Beta issue, or the functionality has changed within the extension. But previously you could delete a login or password from within the browser extension, this seems to have disappeared now.

Is this intentional? I rarely have the main 1Password app open so it'd be a hassle if I can't delete passwords or logins from the extension.

Probably been mentioned already, but seeing a few GUI glitches which is expected with a new beta

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @defiant! There are indeed a few GUI glitches in the beta, and I'm seeing the same ones you mentioned on my end. For the option to move an item to the Trash, though, that should still be there. What happens when you select an item with the browser extension and click Edit? The Edit button should be replaced with Move to Trash. If it's not, could you try clicking the 1Password icon in your menu bar and trying the same thing? Let me know how that goes! :)

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    Options

Cool, good to know its not just me @Jacob :)

When I click edit, I just get cancel and save:

• Jacob
    Options

@defiant That's quite odd indeed. What happens when you click Edit in the main 1Password window? If Move to Trash appears there as normal, try holding option and clicking 1Password in your menu bar, then clicking Quit 1Password Completely. Open and unlock it again, then look for the Move to Trash option during edit. Let me know how that goes! :)

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    Options

I'd restarted altogether so assume that would've achieved the same thing, still no move to trash.

I didn't try within the app itself, as I just used right click -> Move to trash in the app

I've since reverted back to 1Pw 6 as I didn't like how 1Pw 7 briefly popped up in the dock when you first log on

• Hi @defiant ,

Because 1Password 7 is a single process now (with the exception of processes for web browser integration), a brief appearance in the Dock is expected. That will likely not be changed.

Regards,
    Kevin

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob So I just tried that and there's no move to trash option when you edit the login in the main app either

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing the same thing, no Move to Trash button in the main or mini app, just Cancel and Save. I'm running beta 4 on macOS 10.3.4.

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member
    Options

I as well. Definitely need to have that back

• Jacob
    Options

@defiant @Xe997 @jjstipe Thanks for letting us know! I saw this happen the other day as well and it looks like it's happening right now too. I'm going to chat with the team and see why it's happening — it might be intentional, since the Move to Trash button placement was a little odd before.

In the meantime, you can move an item to the Trash by selecting it and pressing delete on your keyboard, or by right-clicking it and choosing Move to Trash. :)

ref: apple-388

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Jacob :)

• Jacob
    Options

You bet mate :)

• parker_bennett
    parker_bennett
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing the same thing, no Move to Trash button in the main or mini app, just Cancel and Save. Running beta 7 on Sierra 10.12.6.

• Ben
    Options

We are looking at the possibility of adding a button to move items to the trash from 1Password mini. Thanks for the feedback folks.

Ben

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    Options

I see it's been added in Beta 9 now, thanks for that!

Buttons still look a little broken though:

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

It worked for me, but the Link Existing function is a little rough. The window shows up behind the edit window. You can't tell the links are "alive" by hovering over them. There is no change in pointer that indicates you can click on them and they will do anything. You just trust and click and they work.

Also, why scroll down all the way to the bottom. Why not have this near the Cancel and Save buttons?

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah the button cilcks work. I just meant the button GUI itself looks broken in 1PW7 mini, when you compare with the main 1Password 7 app

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@defiant, @jjstipe: Indeed, thanks for the feedback. I know the designers aren't done with 1Password mini yet, so it's appreciated. Thanks for participating in the beta! :)

• meredithr
    meredithr
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hello! I tried to use the latest version of 1password on my Mac Pro, but ended up going back to version 6 bc of 3 problems - 1) as mentioned above, there was no way to delete a login - after selecting "edit" there was no "move to trash" button. 2) could not add a login 3) could not autocomplete logins. The only nice feature was being able to use Touch ID to unlock. The app (extension and desktop) kept prompting me to 'sign in' and everytime, it asked for Secret Key, which I have a license, so I don't have. Really disappointing experience! Not sure what happened but back to version 6 and everything's working fine now.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @meredithr

Really disappointing experience!

Did you purchase a 1Password 7 license? 1Password 7 requires either a separate license purchase or a 1Password membership. 1Password 7 for Mac from the Mac App Store is subscription-only. Without either a 1Password 7 license or a membership you cannot make any changes to your data or use the browser extensions.

We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available within 1Password 7 when downloaded from our website for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.