Can you have (even temporarily) v6 on one computer, v7 on another?

jhk
jhk
Community Member

To continue the question: ..........another, and still sync devices using WLAN only? Or does the different data structure mess things up?

1Password Version: 6 and 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:can you mix 6 and 7 on different computers

Comments

• Hi @jhk,

It isn't possible to sync two Macs using the WLAN Server, regardless of the version of 1Password on those Macs. Otherwise, generally, having 1Password 7 on one Mac and 1Password 6 on another isn't expected to cause difficulties.

Ben

• jhk
    jhk
    Community Member

Thanks. No, I know you can't sync the Macs. I was just double checking that syncing to (say) an iPhone, and then syncing later to the other computer from that phone could cause a problem if the 2 computers in question were running the two different versions of 1P.

• Thanks. No, I know you can't sync the Macs. I was just double checking that syncing to (say) an iPhone, and then syncing later to the other computer from that phone could cause a problem if the 2 computers in question were running the two different versions of 1P.

That could potentially cause problems even if they're running the same version of 1Password. The WLAN Server is designed to sync one installation of 1Password for Mac with one or more mobile devices. It was never designed with multiple computers in mind.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.