"Continue" button greyed out during installation

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Safari not working with 1Password 7.

Comments

• freo1
    freo1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Have used 1Password 6 for a while with no problems. Have just downloaded !Password for Mac from the App Store. Unable to purchase a licence, it seems, unless I download !Paaword from your website.However, after download, unable to install, as in installer, the button " continue" is greyed out. Also, at some point, I no longer remember where, the whole process being so confusing, mentin is made of a "secret key " etc,it seems I cannot obtain this secret key, as I'm not a member, I don't want to be a member , I merely want a one-off licence, can someone help?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @freo1! Welcome to the forum!

I have split your comment into its own discussion since it looks like this is a different issue from the one being discussed on the other page.

Can you please post a screenshot of what you are seeing? There is probably some information about what is going on above the "Continue" button.

• freo1
    freo1
    Community Member
    Options

ok, inth e window above the greyed out continue button, it shows "1password extension", or something similar, so it seems as though , whereas I downloaded the !password app, the file must be corrupt. Have no idea what to do, save uninstalling the version 7, and revert to version 6. In the process of installing v.7, I've lost my Safari extension....

• freo1
    freo1
    Community Member
    Options

Here's ascreenshot of the Mac installer. I downloade the file from the 1Password website

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@freo1: I'm not certain exactly what you're referring to, but it sounds like you may be running into one of two things, or both:

When running the installer, macOS tries to enumerate all mounted drives. If it cannot, the "Continue" button will be greyed out. Disconnecting any external/network drives, restarting macOS, and running the installer should work in that case.

With the current version of Safari, only Safari App Extensions are supported. These are built into apps themselves, like 1Password, so there is nothing to install separately. Safari is supposed to load this automatically, but sometimes it doesn't, and there isn't a way to force it to. However, some users have reported that repairing using Disk Utility (you'd likely have to do this from Recovery Mode) or simply waiting results in Safari loading it. Once it does, it will appear in Safari Preferences > Extensions, and then it just needs to be enabled there.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• freo1
    freo1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,
    Managed to install version 7, was also able to purchase a licence, the Safari and Firefox extensions installed also, and, by and large, work.
    Thanks for your reply

• freo1
    freo1
    Community Member
    Options

Correction: Am unable to install the extension for Firefox: I get a dialogue box that asks me for the secret Key: On proceeding, it becomes evident that, in order to obtain the secret key, one is required to provide the...secret key!!

• freo1
    freo1
    Community Member
    Options

of course, one is not allocated a secret key unless one is a member. I am not a member, having merely purchase (successfully), a licence. Does it therefore follow that one is not able to install the Firefox extension unles one is a member?

• freo1
    freo1
    Community Member
    Options

Losing the plot!
    I'm not sure it's entirely my fault, though.

The Firefox extension that eventually requests the secret key I downloade from the Firefox extension galery.
    I did this because, on attempting to open the extension downloade through 1Password, I was faced with a message saying something like, "Cannot open thisfilep, as no applications able to open this file"...

• freo1
    freo1
    Community Member
    Options

There is no application set to open the document “1Password-4.7.5.90.xpi”.

• freo1
    freo1
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, and, thanks to everyone who tried to help, Support people as wel as members, it seems I've fixed everything, eventually! However, I found I was charged $80 or so Australian dollars, when on committing to puchasing the licence I was quoted $ 49 or so Australian...Hmmm...

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hi @freo1

I'm glad to hear you were able to get the technical issues sorted. The price of a license is (currently) $50 USD + tax. That would translate to approximately $74 AUD + tax if the online currency converters are to be believed. I suspect the price you originally saw was the price in USD, which is what all of our pricing is based on.

Ben

• freo1
    freo1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben,
    You're quite right, my mistake. I believed 1Password was based in Canada, (perhaps it is), and made the erroneous assumption the price quoted was in Canadian dollars..
    Thanks again for your help...

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. While 1Password is a Canadian company the bulk of our customer base is in the US, and so we base all of our pricing on USD.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.