Basic setup of Family Account

Options
lamonica
lamonica
Community Member

I recently started a Family subscription after years of a standalone, synced with Dropbox.
Just two in the Family, mine will be on a Mac, iPhone and iPad. The other person will use an iPhone and iPad.
Confused about the Family part. Do I add a family to my iPad and iPhone?
I went through the setup on my iPhone and iPad, but changes made on my Mac do not show on iPhone/ipad.
All Apple devices have latest software.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @lamonica

I like to try to explain it this way: the 1Password Families membership is a container. Inside are both accounts and vaults. Each account contained within will have its own unique credentials. For example, if you and I were sharing a membership we'd both have a unique Master Password and Secret Key. We would also each have a Private vault, that would be visible only to ourselves (i.e. you can't see mine and I can't see yours). On top of that there may be any number of shared vaults, shared among various accounts within the membership. For you to use 1Password on all of your devices you should be signing into the same 1Password account on each. Likewise, I would sign into my account on each of my devices. As long as you are signed into your account you should be able to see your data.

Does that make sense? Please let me know if that helps.

Ben

• lamonica
    lamonica
    Community Member
    Options

It does make sense, but looks like I didn't setup correctly, and maybe don't need a family subscription. My wife and I had no problem sharing the 360 logins etc. in the standalone, so would like to do the same under the subscription.
    Right now on my iPad it shows my data in the family account and says my account under my name is frozen. It wants to copy data to my new family 1Password account.
    The data on my Mac seems to be fine. What would be the easiest way to get it straightened out?

• Ben
    Options

@lamonica

To be clear: you and your wife would like to have access to the same 1Password data using the same credentials? If so, it would be possible to share an individual membership. If there is any data you'd like to keep separate you'd need 1Password Families. Please let me know, and we can go from there.

Ben

• lamonica
    lamonica
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, yes, we would like to share the same 1Password data and credentials, we are retired and simple is best.

• Ben
    Options

Gotcha. In that case an individual membership is likely sufficient. To get an idea of where things stand, so we can best help you move forward, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/108152/basic-setup-of-family-account#latest
    • Your forum username: lamonica

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• lamonica
    lamonica
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID number: [#QVT-32143-882]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you! I confirm that we have received your message, we will reply to you via email as soon as possible :)

ref: QVT-32143-882

This discussion has been closed.