To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sort order in 1Password web app

Options
jimmyweg
jimmyweg
Community Member
edited October 2019 in Memberships

I use a period (.) to force certain sites to appear at the top of an alpha list. (It's kind of like an enhanced list of Favorites.) This works great when I click the X extension and the All Items list appears in the left pane. However, let's say that I click the Edit button in X. At that point, a full-featured (or close facsimile) 1P window opens, with the site to edit available. However, I noted that the listing of all of my items in the middle pane does not respect the period in regard to alpha order. The period does how up, e.g., .Gmail, but the period is ignored, so the latter site is relegated to the Gs. This strikes me as something similar to the way Google ignores periods in email handles. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: Win 10x64
Sync Type: Default

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jimmyweg! Thanks for letting us know about this. I was able to reproduce the same behavior, and I've passed it along to our developers. We appreciate it. :)

ref: b5/b5#6724

• bradsmith74
    bradsmith74
    Community Member
    Options

I found this thread when I was searching for a similar issue- in previous versions of 1P I would prepend an asterisk (*) to the beginning of entries to have them appear at the top of the list. I just upgraded to 1P7 and it looks like no longer works. Specifically, when I'm on a site and I bring up the Fill Login window (i.e., when I click the 1P extension icon in the browser extension bar, or hit the Fill Login keyboard shortcut), my entries with the *Name are not at the top of the list. If my issue is the same as the issue that @jimmyweg reported, then plea ignore this. If its different, could you let your developers know about it? Again, this functionality worked fine on all previous versions of 1P, but no longer works i 1P7. Alternatively, if there is some more official way to be able to order the suggestions in the Fill Login box please let me know. My main goal is to have the entire list of suggestions there, but have a few specific ones at the top of the list. Thanks.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hi @bradsmith74

Logins you mark as favorites should appear at the top of that list. :)

Ben

• bradsmith74
    bradsmith74
    Community Member
    Options

@ben That's exactly what I was looking for - thanks!

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome @bradsmith74. :)

Ben

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey again @jimmyweg! Just a heads up that this should be resolved in the 1Password web app. An item with a title of .Test will now be sorted at the beginning/end of the alphabet similar to other 1Password apps. :)

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Kaitlyn! That was quick.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jimmyweg – For sure! Thanks again for the report.

This discussion has been closed.