Local vault on Windows' 1Password 7 missing many entries present on Mac

symbiosix
symbiosix
Community Member
edited June 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I recently upgraded both my PC and Mac version of 1Password to version 7. I upgraded my local vault on my Mac from the agilekeychain format to the opvault format. This vault is shared with my PC (and iOS devices) via Dropbox. I have verified that all the files are identical on both PC and Mac via MD5 checksums -- so I really don't think this is a sync issue.

The problem:
I have 246 entries showing in the app on my Mac; I only have 76 entries showing on my PC.
All my iOS devices also show 246 entries.

I've reinstalled dropbox and 1Password several times. I've read all the tips on Dropbox syncing -- again, I don't think this is a sync issue.

Some observations:
If I update an entry from my Mac which is absent on the PC, it will sync and soon appear on the PC.
If I update an entry from my PC, it will also sync properly and be updated on my Mac.
So, it seems that sync is working to some degree at least...

At this point, this feels like a bug in the software. I don't know what else to try. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10.0.17134
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @symbiosix,

Thanks for reporting this.

We haven't heard anything like this. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• symbiosix
    symbiosix
    Community Member

@MikeT I sent an email with the requested information.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @symbiosix,

I found your report and we will take a look at what is going on. We will get back to you via email. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: CQE-37684-478

• kamelhoecker
    kamelhoecker
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

I would be more than interessted in the outcome as I face the same issue. I got a new computer with Windows 10 and while I had 1Password V4 installed on my former computer, I installed 1Password V7 on my new machine, but most of logins and data are lost.
    Data are synced in Dropbox and I still can access all 265 login through my mobile, but computer is only showing 65. Format of vault is opvault.

Maybe additional info: I'm in read-only mode right now, because I'm not willing to pay for a license as long as it doesn't work well :chuffed: Payed for 1Password 4 and it worked fine...

• Hi @kamelhoecker,

Thanks for writing in, we haven't heard back from the first customer yet, so there's no outcome in there.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• kamelhoecker
    kamelhoecker
    Community Member

Hi MikeT,

I‘ve just sent over the report, but unfortunately forgot to mention my username.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@kamelhoecker: No worries! I have found your report on our side. We will take a look and get back to you via email. Thanks! :+1:

ref: WAB-38897-317

• red_phoenix
    red_phoenix
    Community Member

I have the same issue now, used 1Password 6 so far with old agile keychain. I have 713 items on my iPhone and now only get 155 after "migrating" to the Opvault. NO idea what's going on but it is NOT good :angry: - I've followed the steps as per the above and will wait for 1Password support.

• Did you get a support ID via autoreply, @red_phoenix? I'm not finding anything in our inbox from the e-mail address you have registered on the forum, but that could be because you used a different one. The support ID will help me hunt it down regardless and will look like [#ABC-123-45678]. If you could share that here, that would be great. Thanks! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.