How to delete Personal Vault and Dropbox sync in 1pw7 for Mac and 1pw membership?

Options
elpeelle1
elpeelle1
Community Member

I just switched from 1Password6 for Mac and Dropbox sync to the 1Password7 and membership. I got both from 1Password instead of Apple App Store. I see instructions to delete my Vault to avoid syncing duplicates. How do I find the place from which to delete it? my online account? on 1Password7 on the Mac? I signed into my 1Password membership account on my two iOS devices. The iOS devices are syncing partially but not correctly; I had them syncing with Dropbox before the upgrade. Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Membership
Referrer: forum-search:deleting vauld

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @elpeelle1! Welcome to the forum!

Here you can find the instructions on how to remove your Primary vault from your 1Password app. Because you are deleting the Primary vault, which is outside of your 1Password account, this needs to be done directly from within the 1Password app.

• elpeelle1
    elpeelle1
    Community Member
    Options

Please help me interpret the attached screenshot from my Mac and instructions. On my Mac The Vault>Delete Personal Vault is grayed out. Does this mean that the old Vault has been deleted and it is syncing with my new 1Password membership?

Info still isn't syncing from iOS devices to Mac. However, it seems to sync between the iOS devices today.
    Thank you.

• TonyDennis
    TonyDennis
    Community Member
    Options

This is something I'd like to be able to do as well, but for the 1P account version. I already delete the Shared vault with the mindset that all shared vaults should be named to designate purpose. We'd also like to delete the Private vault for our family clients with the mindset that couples typically want all data shared between them, especially if one of them is injured, deceased, or otherwise unavailable.

This is actually a benefit of 1P I promote to our family clients, which they quickly appreciate when they hear about parents having to take legal action against Apple, Facebook, etc. to get access to a deceased family member's data in their account or on a device. We don't want them to accidentally store some data in the Private vault which would then be inaccessible to their spouse, parent, etc.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@elpeelle1:

You cannot delete your Personal vault with that method. You can only delete your Primary vault.

Do you see a Primary vault inside your 1Password app? If you don't, it means that you have already removed it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TonyDennis:

The Personal/Private vault is the only one that cannot be deleted in a 1Password account. I see how removing this could be useful in your scenario, but unfortunately at the moment the best option is to use the shared vault in that case, and ignore the Private one (the 1Password app can also be configured to always save items in a specific vault, so items don't get saved in the wrong vault).

• elpeelle1
    elpeelle1
    Community Member
    Options

I see only a Personal Vault (not Primary) in the 1Password app. It did finally sync this afternoon from iOS to mac. Perhaps the sync is working properly now.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @elpeelle1. It sounds like you have the correct vault configuration then. Please keep an eye on it and let us know if any issues with syncing persist.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.