I suddenly can't open any website from 1Password! And lost browser extension!

Options
debstr
debstr
Community Member

I have suddenly become unable to open any website from 1Password and my 1Password browser extension is gone. I've tried to reinstall the extension, but it wants to reinstall 1Password instead. Any suggestions? This happened after an automatic update. (But don't ask me what updated, because I haven't a clue, just the computer said it needed to restart to update so I said ok.)

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @debstr!

What browser are you trying to install the extension in?

• debstr
    debstr
    Community Member
    Options

Safari.

The browser was installed on it for years and just disappeared yesterday with the update. Now it won't install.

Worse, I can't click on anything in 1Password and have it take me to the website. I have to copy and paste the website, then copy and paste my user name and then my password. That's new too as of yesterday.

Thanks for your help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@debstr:

If you open Safari Preferences > Extensions tab, is the 1Password browser extension enabled there? You should see something like this:

• debstr
    debstr
    Community Member
    Options

The 1Password extension has completely disappeared from the Extensions tab. When I try to re-download the 1Password extension it acts like it wants to re-download the entire program, but nothing happens except a little circle goes around and around forever.

More importantly, though, is that the app isn't working at all. If I click on any login in 1Password after opening it nothing happens. It does not go to the appropriate website, nor log me in to it. I could deal with not having the extension. I cannot deal with the entire app not working!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@debstr:

If I click on any login in 1Password after opening it nothing happens. It does not go to the appropriate website, nor log me in to it.

This is normal, if the extension is not working. This is why we have to fix the extension before filling can work again. Can I ask you to try rebooting the computer once and see if the extension appears there afterwards?

• debstr
    debstr
    Community Member
    Options

I had rebooted the computer a dozen or more times. I finally deleted 1Password, then it allowed me to reinstall it. It now works normally. I don't know why it broke in the first place, but I'm grateful to have 1Password back as I rely on it so much. Thanks for your help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome! I am happy to hear that everything is working again :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.