Feature Request: Password receipt with Words+Capital-Letter and Number PLEASE

Georg
Georg
Community Member

Most websites or logins do require certain key features to the password.
I do love the option of random words in 1Password. Thats great, but that receipt as shown in my screenshot lacks a capital letter and a number.
I always have to add that very cumbersome at the end to fulfil the requirement of the website. I know that i could choose a random password, but that is way more difficult to enter (by hand) if I'll have to
My request: Please create a custom receipt for a strong password with:
1. Number
2. slider for number of words
3. capital letter(s) in the created words

Thanks a million!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback, @Georg. :+1:

Ben

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

One of the (banking) sites I singed up for recently would only allow letters and numbers, no symbols.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yep. That's the case with some sites, and it's not really a problem. You can generate a long password without any symbols, and get plenty of entropy from capital letters, uppercase letters, and numbers. Cheers! :)

• happy_camper1010
    happy_camper1010
    Community Member

I would also very much like to have auto-generated word passwords with the option for a number/capital letter added to it. I would also ask for the slider to be able to select shorter words and/or two word passwords. There's been a number of times where the generated 3 word password was actually too long and I've had to shorten it manually.

Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yeah that's why words are not recommended generally: not only will that be harder to use with silly length restrictions, but when entropy is at a premium because of that you'll get the most by using a character-based password anyway -- and you can specify the exact length as well. It's possible we'll introduce some additional features for word-based memorable passwords, but like the name says they're not intended for anything but cases where they are necessary. So a character-based random password would still be the better choice with few exceptions. :)

This discussion has been closed.