Attached documents have been detached from original records

jneese
jneese
Community Member

Hi,
obviously during the migration from the standalone app to a families account the relation between some records and their attached documents (PDF, photos etc.) have been screwed up.

I now have a "maverick reference" to a "deleted object"

where the document was attached before, and in addition I have a new category called "Documents"

where all the former documents sit in. Apart from this hassle the documents seem to require manual downloading, both in the Mac version as well as the iOS version. This is really annoying.

Any chance to revert this mess to original state?

Regards
Jochen

1Password Version: 7.3.2 on Mac
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jneese

I'm sorry for the trouble. It is expected that Documents work differently than attachments did. You can read more about how Documents work here:

Save important files in 1Password

That said, the link from the original parent item to the documents that were attached to it should've been maintained in the migration process. How did you end up migrating the data? Did this happen when using the automated migration, or did you manually copy/move the items from the old Primary vault to the new Personal vault?

Please let me know.

Ben

• jneese
    jneese
    Community Member

Ben, to be honest, I can't remember how this worked. If I remember right, when I installed 1P 7 over 1P 6 this transition more or less went on automatically. Anyway: Is there a way to "batch-relink" this stuff, or do I have to manually export and reimport all the documents and pictures? Most of them are images of passport pages, driver's licence pages etc.

Regards
    Jochen

• jneese
    jneese
    Community Member

Any hint from the experts here? If I could e.g. drag&drop the separate documents to the entries where they were before the transition that would be ok. The hard way of exporting and reimporting every single file would a tedious...

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2019

The hard way of exporting and reimporting every single file would a tedious...

Exporting and importing isn't going to help here. You'd just need to re-establish the links between items using the "related items" section on the items. Instructions can be found here:

Link related items in 1Password

Anyway: Is there a way to "batch-relink" this stuff

There is not, sorry. I do apologize for the inconvenience. I suspect what happened here is that you migrated your data manually instead of using the automated migration process which maintains these links. If you've been using 1Password for a while after doing the migration it wouldn't be practical to go back and re-do it.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.