Show "saved form details" without entering "edit" mode?

Options
sporkman
sporkman
Community Member

In 1P6, it was possible to view the "saved form details" without entering edit mode in the browser extension. In version 7, it seems like this was changed. Can you consider changing this back? Fairly often I'll stumble on some old entry where the information I need is hidden away in one of those saved fields. For example, a site might have collected a username and email address and at some point changed from asking for a username to login to asking for the email address.

There's also no indication that the extra fields are even available in "view" mode, which is pretty bad UX.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sporkman!

I am still able to view the saved form details directly in the 1Password app on my Mac, and I am running version 7. What version of 1Password for Mac are you currently using?

• sporkman
    sporkman
    Community Member
    Options

7.3.2 - and specifically this is the safari extension...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sporkman:

You can disregard the browser extension for now, since you must use the desktop app to look at the saved form details.

If you open any 1Password item in the 1Password desktop app, not in the browser extension, do you see this button?

• sporkman
    sporkman
    Community Member
    Options

Yes.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sporkman:

Great, thank you for the confirmation. Now please click on the Edit button inside the 1Password app, and then click on View Saved Form Details, still within the app, and you will be able to edit the information without going to the browser.

This discussion has been closed.