AutoFill opens 1Password Mini instead of autofilling

Options

Comments

• rpsstudios
    rpsstudios
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben Thanks! I tried a search first, but wasn't able to find a match that was similar to mine. I'm glad I'm not alone on this one.

• Ben
    Options

No worries. The search here isn't always great. :+1:

Ben

• matthias.link.77
    matthias.link.77
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, just to confirm: I am seeing this issue as well. Chrome 77.0.3865.120, OS X 10.14.6, 1Password 7.3.2, Extension 4.7.5.90. Any news on this? It's been around for quite a while but I never reported it before. Thanks a lot and best regards.

• Ben
    Options

@tracedef @matthias.link.77

Thank you both for the reports. I wish I could offer more concrete information. My apologies. I assure you this hasn't been forgotten about.

Ben

• aaaaaa
    aaaaaa
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

I've also been having this problem for over a month now and saw a few threads about it and assumed it'd be addressed. After a few weeks I switched to the beta channel and I'm currently on version 7.4.BETA-0 (70400000) but it's still happening.

I see that it's being addressed, but I just wanted to add this note since I haven't seen anyone else mention it here yet and it may help the engineering team:

After enabling the 1Password feature on Alfred for the first time and then testing it, this issue is also coming up then - when selecting the name of a login item in the Alfred results list and pressing return, instead of my default browser (Chrome) coming to the front and loading the page, the 1Password mini window just activates instead and shows the top of the logins list with no search/filter applied.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @aaaaaa

Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully we can get this sorted out soon.

Ben

• jon9clark
    jon9clark
    Community Member
    Options

I have the exact same issue. It's making 1password virtually un-useable. So frustrating. Half of my logins just autoload the 1password mini program.

• Ben
    Options

I'm very sorry for the trouble @jon9clark. We're working hard to get this situation sorted.

Ben

• tulbox
    tulbox
    Community Member
    Options

For the last couple versions (currently non-beta 7.32 on MacOS) auto-fill keyboard shortcut operates incorrectly most of the time. To replicate:

1. Have a log in page open.
    2. Click cmd-\
    3. 1Password mini opens with the possible matches (all good so far)
    4. Press up/down arrows or search as applicable to filter list of matches (I rarely have just one login that matches) and press enter
    5. Rather than auto-fill the applicable fields, more often than not this opens a new instance of 1Password mini in a different location unfiltered (and does nothing with the original browser tab login fields).
    6. Filter again and sometimes it enters in the appropriate fields and closes. Often even this doesn't work until a third attempt.

If you manually click "auto fill" button it seems to always work, but that's no longer mouse-less (and I've used 1Password for 8? years and until the last six months or so I've never had a problem with this functionality).

Brave browser, but also the case with Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.

1Password Version: 7.32
    Extension Version: 4.7.590
    OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
    Sync Type: Family Plan
    Referrer: forum-search:keyboard

• Ben
    Options

Hi @tulbox

I'm sorry for the trouble. I've merged your thread with the ongoing discussion about this issue. Our development team is aware of the problem and is investigating.

Ben

• johnels
    johnels
    Community Member
    Options

I too have this issue. @tulbox describes my experience perfectly. If it helps it only seems to occur for me when the login required is ambiguous. As in where i have multiple logins for one domain tld.
    Marking this thread to see updates

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for chiming in. We'll see what we can do about this issue some folks are experiencing.

• gleert
    gleert
    Community Member
    Options

Really hope you can solve this is issue, most of my team are demanding to change to another password manager...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for taking the time to post here. We will do our best to get everything sorted.

• guw
    guw
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

I'm experiencing the issue too. On my Mac Pro it's worse. 1 Password almost never works for me there. On my Macbook Pro it's better. It works there occasionally. Very often I'm able to get it to work by giving focus to a field and then trying again. However, none of those tricks work on my Mac Pro. They both use the same software, though.

I had a couple requests sent to support with diagnostic logs. Not sure if there is something else I can do.

It's all latest Chrome (currently Version 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and macOS 10.14.6. Disabling all extensions didn't help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@guw: we will keep investigating this. Thank you for sending the diagnostics report in the meantime!

• juanitito
    juanitito
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here with High Sierra and Chrome Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update too :+1:

• vicjang
    vicjang
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

EDIT: I saw @tulbox's description above and it 100% matches what I'm experiencing. Recently it got worse and sometimes it takes 4-5 tries to get the credentials filled.

Sorry that I haven't read the discussions above that took place in October.

I am still having the same issue of auto-fill not working properly.
    (After I selected an entry, 1Password Mini would flash, and go back to the default list (favorites, which is unrelated to the current website), and nothing is auto-filled.)

Is this fixed / being fixed? Any update? Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

@vicjang

It is definitely something we're investigating, though we have not been able to come up with a fix yet. It is something we're actively working on.

Ben

• kga1978
    kga1978
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue for me across all my iMacs and MBPs using Chrome (not sure if this is present in other browsers, as I'm only using Chrome). Latest version of 1Passsword (7.3.2) and the extension (4.7.5.90). Happens frequently for many sites, but the most persistent issue occur on https://dashboard.audiense.com/#/login.

Running macOS 10.15 - and again, happens across all my computers.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the additional information :+1:

• rowatt
    rowatt
    Community Member
    Options

I am also seeing this - 1pw mini pop up when trying to autofill a login.

A few more data points if it's helpful:

• macOS 10.15.1 (also saw it on 10.14.6, though it seems to be more frequent now), Chrome 78.0.3904.70 (currently, pretty sure it was happening on older versions of Chrome too)
    • the issue presented on 1pw 7.3.2 (possibly older versions too - I didn't check), and have just installed 7.4-BETA-0 - and immediately had the same issue (trying to fill in my pw for this site!)
    • no discernible pattern regarding which sites it happens on, and on any given site sometimes it happens sometimes not.
    • I've also (once) seen the same issue (1pw mini popping up) after clicking 'open and fill' in the 1pw app itself.
    • I never use the keyboard shortcuts (they are turned off)
    • I've also been seeing a similar symptom very frequently and for longer - click autofill in 1pw browser extension, and autofill doesn't do anything (i.e. same symptom except that 1pw mini doesn't pop up).

It's really annoying... but glad you are working on it :-)

If there's any more info that would help you to reproduce it I'm happy to supply.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

It appears this issue is a problem in the 1Password extension itself. As such the fix will likely come in the form of an update to the extension. You can keep an eye out for release notes here:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPX4

We'll also keep this thread updated as we have / need more information. Thank you.

Ben

• rdouma
    rdouma
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben, great to hear you're making progress in identifying the reason.

• themartorana
    themartorana
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben you need a +1 button on the forums :)

• rogerg
    rogerg
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben
    What I have noticed is that in my case Chrome will work some of the time. But the same site and the same tab will fail and open the 1Password Mini window instead of filling the form fields.

It might be helpful to know that refreshing the site in the same tab works. But when this fails closing and opening a new Tab will almost work all the time. But the next time you try it in that tab with the same site or a different one will most likely fail.

thanks
    RMG

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rdouma - you're quite welcome, on behalf of Ben.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rogerg - yep, it's not always consistent. We think we've got some solid ideas on where the trouble might be, but as Ben mentioned, keep an eye on updates for the 1Password extension (not 1Password X); that's where you'll see new versions and explanations of what's changed/new in the release notes. Thanks, everyone! :)

This discussion has been closed.