I can't type in the 1Password "Enter Your Password" field in order to unlock it

This has happened a few times now and I can't understand why.

https://www.loom.com/share/8333f85f1ee84a3eb2ee75cadb60aec8

I should have latest 1password.

Chrome: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Sweedishfishy
    Sweedishfishy
    Community Member

May have something to do with multiple monitors -- when I disconnected both external monitors the ability to type in the field came back -- no restart required.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

You're right, @Sweedishfishy! Nice detective work. :)

There's currently a bug in Chromium that causes some lag in extensions that have pop-ups while using an external display. If you're curious about the issue, you can check it out here: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=971701

We've done what we can to help the Chromium team which included making a barebones extension with only a text field in a pop-up just to see if it happened there to. It did, so now we're in a bit of a bind waiting for Chromium to get the issue resolved. The good news is that your Master Password is being typed even though you can't see it. Typing your Master Password and pressing enter allows you to sign in or you can always move the browser window over to your primary display.

• Sweedishfishy
    Sweedishfishy
    Community Member

Thanks, will try that. Is there any way I can be notified when this is resolved? Can I subscribe to this ticket / watch it / receive a sms? :)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@Sweedishfishy – That's actually a really good question. I briefly looked at Chromium's documentation when it comes to bugs, and I didn't find anything of that nature. I think your best bet will be to bookmark the page and continue checking on it. As of right now, the status is Available. I'll try to update you if I notice anything change as well.

ref: xplatform/xplatform#55

• Hey @Sweedishfishy! You might have noticed already, but I wanted to follow up and let you know we’ve added some mitigations to increase the responsiveness of the 1Password pop-up, specifically in terms of the lag previously visible when entering your account password on a secondary monitor. I hope this improvement is working well for you. Let us know if you have any questions. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.