Touch ID never shows up when filling in a web site

Options
TomKat
TomKat
Community Member

I'm using an iPad mini 5 with Touch ID and trying to enter passwords on web sites in Safari requires me to enter my 1Password password every time. I have 1Password open. I never get the option to use Touch ID when filling in from Safari. I'm running iOS 13.1.2 and have 1Password 7.4.1.
Having to type my 1Password password every time is not fun. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.1.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @TomKat

Do you have Touch ID enabled in 1Password > Settings > Security?

Ben

• TomKat
    TomKat
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it is enabled there.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @TomKat. And you're able to unlock the 1Password app with Touch ID, but when you try to access 1Password from within Password AutoFill in Safari you're asked for your Master Password? Is that right?

Ben

• TomKat
    TomKat
    Community Member
    Options

Well that's an interesting question. I've got 1Password set to stay open for 30 minutes so I don't have to enter a password in that time frame so not sure how to answer your question about the Touch ID. I have to manually enter the password initially, but I do seem to recall an option for using the Touch ID that I'm not sure I'm seeing now.

• TomKat
    TomKat
    Community Member
    Options

I'm wondering if I delete the app and then reinstall it if that might make a difference.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TomKat: Just to make sure we're on the same page, in order to enable Touch ID (or Face ID) for iOS Password Autofill, you'd first need to unlock the main 1Password app using your Master Password. After that, Touch ID should work there too. Does that help?

• TomKat
    TomKat
    Community Member
    Options

Nope, no help. I’ve got the main application unlocked and there is never an option to use Touch ID. Not sure what the next step would be other than deleting the app and reinstalling it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TomKat: Do you have Touch ID enabled in 1Password Settings > Security?

• TomKat
    TomKat
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it was turned on. I turned it off then turned it back on and now it seems to work. Just toggling it off and then back on seems to have fixed it. Appreciate the help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that everything is working as expected once again :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• HillbillyInBC
    HillbillyInBC
    Community Member
    Options

This same misbehaviour happens to me all too often. I've lost count of how many times I've had to do the disable/re-enable Touch ID dance in the 1Password app to get it to respect my preferred settings yet again. I'm a huge fan of the 1Password Mac app, but it's been hit-or-miss at best on iOS for as long as I can remember.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @HillbillyInBC

Next time you notice this not work as expected I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/107600/touch-id-never-shows-up-when-filling-in-a-web-site#latest
    • Your forum username: HillbillyInBC

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.