can't open sqlite on windows

i have the sqlite file from an old mac os backup

I am using windows 10 for the restore

I created the zip file but this doesn't restore with either v4 or v7. neither list that file type as supported during the restore wizard

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/66785/opening-a-sqlite-from-a-backup-on-1password-6

1Password Version: 4 and 7
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: n/a

Comments

• exacliff
    exacliff
    Community Member

this is for the standalone vault option

• We don't recommend using the sqlite file as a backup, generally, @exacliff. The primary reason for that being that only the 1Password app that created that particular sqlite is guaranteed to be able to open it. On Windows specifically, there will usually be a few point releases that can open the same files (for example, 1Password 7.2.617 can open database created by earlier 7.x versions), but there isn't any way for any version of 1Password for Windows to open an sqlite created by 1Password for Mac. The database schema is totally different and only 1Password for Mac knows it.

Is this sqlite file all you've got to restore? No .agilekeychain or .opvault folder on Dropbox or potentially saved from the Mac's file system? These types of folders are the far better choices for backups if you're not syncing your data. Although you can store these folders locally only, they are the same format used for syncing, so we can guarantee that all other 1Password apps can open these in one way or another – not so with the purely local sqlite files which are only used by the app that created them and thus are not meant to be read by other apps.

• exacliff
    exacliff
    Community Member

no opvault or agilekeychain . it's missing from the backup set

• If all you have are the PC and an sqlite from a Mac install, @exacliff, I don't see anything we can do to get that data opened up. If you have a Mac, you may be able to recover it there, then "sync" that data to a folder that 1Password for Windows can read. You can also do the same with any other device currently capable of reading your data. But, as I said, 1Password for Windows isn't going to be able to read that sqlite file so any path forward would require a hand from another device.

This discussion has been closed.