Long running failure of "Open and fill"

nigelm
nigelm
Community Member

When I use "Open and Fill" on a URL field in the main 1Password app, I get a pop up (pop down?) from the menu bar 1Password mini with my list of favourites displayed. In times long past it used to open the website...

This has been the case for quite a time - months. It has persisted through a Catalina installation (format and reinstall, fresh install of the apps, but restore the user account).

Screenshot to show the issue - click the "open and fill" to get

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302004) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.15
Sync Type: iCloud/1PW account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nigelm!

What is your default browser on this system?

• nigelm
    nigelm
    Community Member

Its Firefox. Having just experimented, things work as expected if I set the default to Safari, and go back to not working when I set back to Firefox.

This is Firefox 69.0.3, fresh install in the last week. I tried disabling all the extensions except 1Password, same effect.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nigelm:

Thank you for the confirmation. I think this is related to this discussion then. Can you confirm whether when this happens you have no active windows in Firefox?

• nigelm
    nigelm
    Community Member

This definitely looks like the same issue, with a slight wrinkle...

I do have a Firefox window open, but on a different space (I tend to have a Mail space, a Web/RSS space and a General working space - 1Password tends to live in the last of those).

If I move 1Password to the Web space then it does open the browser correctly.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Ah thank you for the information @nigelm. I think this is the same issue at this point. We will continue to look into this :+1:

This discussion has been closed.