Possible to have 2 different databases synced through one dropbox account

I was wondering if I am doing something wrong, or if it is just a limitation of the software.

I have been using 1password on my mac, win7 pc, ipad and iphone (I have the family license). These have all been syncing through a dropbox account. I have finally convinced my wife to move her information over to 1password from another password manager she was using, the only problem is she also uses the same dropbox account.

I tried creating a new database in a different folder of dropbox, but is seems like I can no longer sync my database.

Is there something I am doing wrong, or can I just not sync 2 different databases on one dropbox account?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    It is possible to create a 2nd 1Password database in your Dropbox account, but it confuses 1Password for iOS (on your iPad and iPhone) and that is why we do not recommend going this route.

My advice is to create a new Dropbox account for your wife, and then use Dropbox sharing whenever you and your wife need to share certain documents.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, CCooke!

Stefan's absolutely right. What's worse is that you open yourself to the possibility of data loss as your iOS devices try to sync with different 1Password data folders.

Using multiple .agilekeychain folders stored within a single Dropbox folder hierarchy is not supported.

Of course, you and your wife can share a single .agilekeychain folder, sync'ed through a single Dropbox account, if that works for you. Sharing your 1Password data means you'd both use the same master password and have access to the full set of Logins and other saved items.
This discussion has been closed.