Features missing from licensed Mac version

Longtime 1P user (Mac and iOS), looking to upgrade so I can continue to use the 1P extension on Safari. I have been offered the $49.99 license price, and I generally prefer to deal with licenses rather than memberships.

I see that "some features" are only available with membership, not a license. But I can't find a full list of what those are. Could you please tell me exactly what I WOULDN'T get if I get a license for 1Password 7 for my 2 Macs? That way I can make an educated decision.

I also use 1P on my iPhone and iPad too. I take it that I could continue to use those, and synchronize passwords via Dropbox (or iCloud) with my Macs, whether I get a license or a membership for the Mac version of 1Password 7?

Thanks,

Scott

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:features not available with a license

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @smintzer! Welcome to the forum!

I see that "some features" are only available with membership, not a license. But I can't find a full list of what those are. Could you please tell me exactly what I WOULDN'T get if I get a license for 1Password 7 for my 2 Macs?

You can find the whole list here :) If you decide to go with a standalone license, you will lose all those features.

The iOS apps are free companion apps, so your licensing choice will only choose how your data will be synced (with a third-party server in the case of a license - Dropbox or iCloud - or through your 1Password.com account in case of a Membership).

• TonyKTonyK Junior Member

What are the features of the licensed version? Being a very long time 1P user I am not interested in a subscription and need to know what the feature set is for the licensed version. Also need a URL for outright purchase. Thank you.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member
    edited October 12

@TonyK:

With the licensed version, you can basically use the app for the platform you purchased. You can then manually configure sync with a third-party server if you wish (Dropbox or iCloud).

All of the other features such as item history, Two-Factor Authentication for your 1Password account, the 1Password X browser extension, Travel mode etc. will not be available to you.

To purchase a license if you decide to go this way, you can install 1Password 7 and purchase it in-app, we do not have an external URL to do it.

• Thanks for the reply. I saw that page, but I didn't grasp that those features were specific to Membership rather than the licensed version.

I understand this is the way many software companies are going, but I don't think companies realize that those of us who are very into quality software have a number of favorite apps, and if they were all membership-based, we'd end up with a whole slew of yearly software bills, which is not only expensive, but also a pain. For this reason, I would rather have a license and pay for upgrades periodically, as needed and warranted. I got rid of Evernote not long ago, in part for this reason.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for the feedback @smintzer. As long as you are a 1Password customer, we are happy :)

• TonyKTonyK Junior Member
    edited October 19

Hi @ag_ana , That is a single license on a single computer, right? So to get a stand alone license for my laptop and my desktop would be the price * 2. Just confirming.

Also, will the subscription version support iCloud or Dropbox syncing? I do not want my 1Password data outside of my own control.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

If your laptop and desktop are both Macs and you will be the only person using 1Password on them then a single license covers that.

Also, will the subscription version support iCloud or Dropbox syncing? I do not want my 1Password data outside of my own control.

Could you please elaborate on this? How is it any more or less under your control with iCloud vs Dropbox vs 1Password.com?

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file