Some passwords available in 1password 7 are not available in the mini app

Options
bomaps
bomaps
Community Member

Some of my passwords that I can access in the main 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302004) are not available in the 1Password mini app available in the menu bar or in the browser extension in Firefox. I have search setup for all vaults and I am syncing the 1Password data to Dropbox. Shouldn't all the data in the main app be available in the mini and the browser extension?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Some passwords available in 1password 7 are not available in the mini app

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bomaps!

If you open one of these items inside the 1Password desktop app, click on Edit and scroll down to the menu named display, are these items set to Suggest in browser?

• bomaps
    bomaps
    Community Member
    Options

Well, thank you very much! That did it. I changed them to Suggest in browser. Is there any way to ensure that, globally, all items are suggested in the browser and mini?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bomaps, you are very welcome!

Is there any way to ensure that, globally, all items are suggested in the browser and mini?

You cannot edit all items at the same time, but you can show which ones are currently not displayed in the browser, so it can make it easier for you to edit them.

To do this, please click on the Edit menu at the top of the screen when 1Password is open > select Find > Enable Search Options, and you can choose to show only items that are not shown in the browser:

• bomaps
    bomaps
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks again. Very helpful!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Agree, very helpful. That's a powerful search capability. Especially useful for someone setting up a large password store (for multiple family members) for the first time and thus prone to making mistakes during the learning process. Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear Ana's advice was helpful to you as well @williakz. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.