To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to change my Mac membership from family to individual

kremerbrad
kremerbrad
Community Member

I am subscribed to a family plan through my Mac membership. My wife never uses the app so I have decided to not pay for the family plan any longer. When trying to downgrade the only option that I have is to cancel. Is there a way to do this without losing my data?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:change fro family to individual

Comments

• arturo_aubry
    arturo_aubry
    1Password Alumni

Hey @kremerbrad, welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear your wife isn't using her 1Password Families account. Before switching back to an individual account, is there anything I can do to help you help her 😁set up her 1Password account? Here are some ideas:

If you'd still like to switch to an individual account, we can definitely help you with that. Please reach out to our sales team at sales@1password.com from the email address associated with your 1Password membership. When you email in you'll get a support ID from BitBot. Please post that ID here so we can follow up.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

Hi there! I still have a family plan for a free period. If by the deadline I have not convinced at least a couple of family members to use 1password service, I think I'll switch to a single account for myself.

Can you tell me what the consequences are? I mean, I have a single private vault in my family account ... will it be moved to my single account without losing any credentials?

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

And just another thing too: if I have a family plan with X days of free period remaining...is this free time remaining, switching to an individual plan?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wizard86pz:

I have a single private vault in my family account ... will it be moved to my single account without losing any credentials?

Yes, your account will be converted and you will keep your existing credentials.

if I have a family plan with X days of free period remaining...is this free time remaining, switching to an individual plan?

Yes :)

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

Thank you for your confirm @ag_ana.

I've switched few weeks later.

Now I've found a couple of family members that would like to join the service.

I've still a free period related to my 1pass account. The question is: can I switch back from individual plan, to a family plan with no issues?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hello @wizard86pz,

There should be no issue with switching back. Simply invite someone to join and you will be upgraded back to a Family membership.

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

Sorry, are you sure I can invite someone in my family account as organizer if I'm still an individual account?

I need to switch back to family account and then invite someone, AFAIK. No?

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

@Corey_C sorry, you're completely right. Just found https://support.1password.com/change-account-type/#if-you-have-an-individual-account

Can you confirm that my residual FREE period with all features will be not touched in this switching to family account?

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

I've done. Alright and remaining days of free service have been NOT lost. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear this. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.