After upgrade to 1Password 7 vaults not syncing IOS devices using DropBox

Louie
Louie
Community Member

I recently upgraded to 1P 7 to be able to work in the latest Safari. That seemed to work seamlessly. However, I just discovered that this set both of my vaults to be "on My MAC" instead of syncing via DropBox which was the previous case. Now I cannot see updates made on my Mac on my IOS devices.

I am not sure how to rectify this situation. From looking at the 1P settings on my Mac I cannot tell where it thinks the new vault is. The old vaults appear to be in the same location in DropBox.

How do I proceed.

-louie

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:After upgrade to 1Password 7

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Louie!

If you open 1Password Preferences and select the Sync tab, you should be able to choose Dropbox as your sync method in the dropdown next to your vaults :)

• Louie
    Louie
    Community Member

Yes I see that but is that going to replace the v7 data with the previous data or will it merge with what is already on DropBox?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Louie:

It should prompt you to merge your data, but I recommend making a backup of what you currently have just in case. If anything goes wrong, you will be able to restore to the current situation.

• Louie
    Louie
    Community Member

I get this error when trying to enable DropBox syncing.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Louie:

Is /Volumes/DataDisk... your Dropbox folder? That folder needs to be synced to Dropbox for this to work. I don't think you are selecting the right location.

• Louie
    Louie
    Community Member

Yes this is my DropBox folder. I moved my home directory to the Mac drive DataDisk. This is how it has worked for years with 1P v6. There must be something in your test/validation that is getting confused by this path.

My home directory path in Users and Groups Advanced options is: /Volumes/DataDisk/Users/lsherwin DropBox is a sub folder.

-louie

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Louie:

Thank you for the confirmation. Can you please send us a diagnostics report from this Mac so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you? You can email it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• Louie
    Louie
    Community Member

Ok I've sent the diagnostic report to both support+mac@1Password.com (as instructed on how to send diagnostics) and to support+forum@1Password.com. I am hoping this is an alias to agilebits.com.

So far there is no response from either so I don't have a ticket number.

-louie

• Louie
    Louie
    Community Member

Here is the ticket: Re: [#RKJ-96414-457] 1Password 7 does not correctly detect DrobBox

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you! I confirm that we have received it, and we will get back to you via email as soon as possible :)

ref: RKJ-96414-457

• Louie
    Louie
    Community Member

I have not had any further response to my problem since the ticket was opened or to the open ticket referenced above.

This is not a problem with syncing with DropBox. It is a problem that 1Password 7 will not even look at my DropBox folder. I am getting very frustrated having just spent another $50 for a new v7 license only to have it grab my shared vaults and hide them away from my other devices that are happily still syncing to DropBox.

Yes I know that "Subscribing" to your new membership service will likely solve this problem. However, I am getting "subscription fatigue". Everywhere I turn another app is demanding a subscription. While I don't necessarily disagree with the subscription model the aggregate costs are getting out of control. Nobody's pricing is taking into consideration all the other services that are demanding that you subscribe. I just can see spending $60/year FOREVER just do do something that worked previously.

Please fix V7 to be able to access my DrobBox.

-louie

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I see a new email from Gareth just a few hours ago. Let's keep the conversation going in one place so we don't keep jumping from one to the other.

This discussion has been closed.