Watchtower incorrectly reports inactive 2FA for Dropbox

Two-step verification is enabled for Dropbox (using text messages) but Watchtower reports inactive 2FA for that entry. Would it be possible to mark the Dropdown entry in 1Password as "do not warn about missing 2FA" or similar?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 18362.418
Sync Type: membership

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Marcuse7! Welcome to the forum!

1Password cannot know what accounts you are protecting with 2FA if you are using text messages or other apps to do it. It can only know websites for which 1Password itself is the authenticator.

If you use 1Password instead of text messages, the warning will disappear :)

• Marcuse7
    Marcuse7
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana,
    thank you for your reply! Unfortunately, Dropbox does not seem to support a 2FA that 1Password uses.
    (// hack) Until I find another way to fix this, I have added a bogus "One-time password" section in that entry and the warning is gone.

Again, thank you for your time! :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Marcuse7:

I confirm that Dropbox does support a QR code for 1Password :) (see the Mobile app section in their documentation)

I have it configured like this for my own account so it definitely works. I am not sure about this, but you might have to remove SMS codes when you add an authenticator app.

• Marcuse7
    Marcuse7
    Community Member

@ag_ana:
    Thank you very much for testing this! You are absolutely right, it works like that :)
    I have mentioned this to Dropbox, their article focuses on mobile TOTP apps only.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @Marcuse7! I am glad to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.