1Password fingerprint unlock almost never works despite device itself unlocking fine

invisible1
invisible1
Community Member

The 1Password app seems to get less reliable at reading my fingerprint over time to the point where it will just not unlock via fingerprint. I use fingerprint unlock on my Android Pixel device itself and that works fine every time. I've lost count of the times when the 1Password is the focused app, and I unlock my phone, then try to immediately unlock 1Password, and 1Password says it can't recognise my fingerprint. It's so frustrating!

I've raised this before and was told to setup my fingerprint from scratch again. This is a pain to do and surely shouldn't be necessary if the device itself continues to unlock fine using my fingerprint.

Last time it worked fine for a while but I noticed that even after resetting my fingerprint it's still really picky and I have to place my finger at just the right angle to get it to work (whereas device unlock just works without needing to be so precise). Over time this gets worse to the point where I get anxiety wondering whether my fingerprint will unlock. Especially if I'm trying to enter a password in a public place - I'm not going to type my master password if there could be cameras about. So this can mean the difference between accessing some account or not.

I'm posting this because I really think the developers need to take it seriously. For me this was the last straw and I've switched back to Lastpass (after testing its fingerprint unlock and finding it flawless). This is the only issue I've had with 1Password but it's a biggie. Good luck.

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:fingerprint

Comments

• Hi @invisible1. Thanks for reaching out. You mentioned that you've brought this up before, but I'm not seeing any previous threads for you. Also, I've not heard of this issue from others, so I'm curious as to why this is happening to you. Can you please let us know the make and model of your device?

This discussion has been closed.